Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WALL FAMILY WITH BLEND VOID WILL NOT LOAD

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
konetarchitecture
369 Views, 5 Replies

WALL FAMILY WITH BLEND VOID WILL NOT LOAD

Hello Revit Forum,

I am not able to load a custom wall family that I created.  The wall has a blended void with windows.  I attempted many different methods to load this wall family but it does not load with the void and windows.  How can I move this custom wall into my model?

See attached.

Thank you in advance.

Labels (3)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Looks like you are trying to Load as Group.

Load as Group1.png

Did you check under Model Groups in the Project Browser?  That's where it would be.  

You need to drag it from the Project Browser into a Model View.  

Or press this button: 

Model Group.png

Message 3 of 6

Thank you barthbradley, but there is no group in either file.  When I selected the tab as you suggested, I received the following message:

"There are no Model Groups in this Project or Family."

I did just attempt to create a GROUP in the wall with blend void family file, but it would not let me select the blended void unless I unconstrained the void.  When I did that it altered the blended void shape + size.  If worse comes to worse, I could go ahead with that option and just resize the blended void in the revit model that will receive this group. 

???

Nope.  That option did not work either, unfortunately.  Is it not possible to load a wall family such as the one I've created due to the void + windows?

Message 4 of 6
ToanDN
in reply to: konetarchitecture

If it is a window family then use Load Family button to load and place it in a wall in the project.

Message 5 of 6

Looks to me like both screenshots are showing an RVT, so that would mean you are trying to load an RVT into an RVT. To do that you need to first use Load As Group to load the RVT in the other RVT.  Am I reading it right? Is the custom Wall an RVT?  

Load as Group1.png

Message 6 of 6

Thank you ToanTD.  Yes, it was a window family that I created.  And it worked when I inserted the window .rfa into a wall in the .rvt model!

Thank you for your time in enlightening me!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report