Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Laptop specification to run complex Revit models

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
740 Views, 6 Replies

Laptop specification to run complex Revit models

Hey all,

I had a question. I'm looking now for 2 months after a laptop that supports revit copmlex buildings.

I contacted several companies without a result... So i hope i can find some awnsers here:

I Fount these laptops but i dont know if they will perforn good in any way:

- MSI Creator 17 inch

- RTX 2080 Super Max-Q (8GB)

- I7-10875H

32GB DDR4 2666MHz Ram

- 2TB Storage

Apple Macbook Pro 16:

- I9

- 32GB 2666-MHz DDR4 Ram

- AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8GB

- 512 GB SSD with external hard drive

Will this perform well or do you use something else or recommend something else?

Thanks in advance

Greetz

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
L.Maas
in reply to: Anonymous

Check out the Revit Hardware Specs. It gives advice for  minimum to performance systems.

I would not worry too much about the graphics and focus more on memory and processor.

As a rule of thumb "project size loaded * 20 = RAM needed" for Revit only (not including other running software) 

I personally would not use a macbook. Revit is only for Windows, meaning you would need to use virtualisation on a Mac. 

Other focus points might depend on other software yo are going to use

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Message 3 of 7
martijn_pater

If you're going with the macbook you want to get parallels aswell. Running from bootcamp gives you/could give you some driver issues, whereas parallels uses mac basically. For instance your mouse/mousepad/keyboard might not function properly, from experience...

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

I can safely recommend you that device "MSI Creator 17 inch" according to a friend who's using it for professional renders and has only one problem which is not technical the fan sound is somehow high, everything is good for revit.

Message 5 of 7
lim.wendy

@Anonymous,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting. I've modified your title to give other users a quick insight into the question/issue you are having.

Wendy Lim

Data Nerd | Community Advocate | AEC Industry

facebook twitter twitter blogs pm

Join the new online Rail Community

Customer Value Hub

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: lim.wendy

Thanks for the awnsers, im looking for the msi but now i have to options.

MSI Option 1:

https://www.tones.be/nl/article/131827?fbclid=IwAR3J4T3ueqDe2CD1KCFNQvRlI6gUigRAsZhX_Y2sNXa-664TTIJi...

Msi Option2: 

https://www.tones.be/nl/article/131822?fbclid=IwAR2QIddRzLQ27oYHZ3w3F0590_e1khc-b1-Uwg01vPeUkhEsQcXK...

The option 2 is cheaper but had i9, so i dont know wich one is the best cause the i9 is cheaper.

Thanks in advance greets

Message 7 of 7
ennujozlagam

you can also try HERE. thanks

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators