Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any solution for inline text in dimensions?

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
infoWBN4V
487 Views, 7 Replies

Is there any solution for inline text in dimensions?

Hi everyone.

I know it may has been long talked but does anyone know of any reliable solution to draw dimensions with an inline text?

The offset parameter to zero puts the text just abve the dimension line.

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
ToanDN
in reply to: infoWBN4V

https://www.revitforum.org/node/37804

Toan Nguyen
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 8
infoWBN4V
in reply to: ToanDN

Awesome. Thanks.
I'll dig into that.
Message 4 of 8
veso58S5W

So, there is no setting in Revit EditType Type Properties sections to do anything to place Dimension Value Text in the line?
I found somewhere that if Leader Type selection is set to Line, then it will have option in Text/Text Location option InLine or Above. That selection InLine is not doing anything?

It is strange that Revit decide to have Text Offset selection but that value must be only positive, what I really don't see any use of it.
Can anybody from Revit Team explain why is this so? @mike_engel or @lim.wendy 

Message 5 of 8
ToanDN
in reply to: veso58S5W

Would you accept explanation from non-Revit team members?

Toan Nguyen
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 8
veso58S5W

Thank you Toan,

I went there to see what is that and must say - I don't have a clue how to use that features.
You see, from program what cost $6/month I expected to have little bit more offerings.

I work with CAD and 3D modeling for 35 and 28 years. Never had experiencing anything so simple like placing dimension text where ever I want. So basic, so marginal.

Message 7 of 8
lim.wendy
in reply to: infoWBN4V

Thank you for your feedback @veso58S5W

I would recommend submitting your idea to the Revit Ideas forum, it is monitored by developers and product managers and is currently the most effective way to request a product enhancement.

If this has been requested already, please take the opportunity to click the Screenshot 2020-06-04 at 11.14.28.png button and add your support to the Idea. Votes on an idea will increase the likelihood that an idea will be implemented.

If the idea is accepted for development, it will progress through the Accepted and Implemented stages. Whenever an idea’s status is changed, the person who originally posted the idea as well as all the members who upvote it will be automatically notified. 🙂

@kimberly.fuhrman 

Wendy Lim

Data Nerd | Community Advocate | AEC Industry

facebook twitter twitter blogs pm

Join the new online Rail Community

Customer Value Hub

Message 8 of 8

This has been posted as a Revit Idea. I suggest adding your votes here:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-ideas/vertical-alignment-for-text-in-dimensions/idi-p/6849008

Kimberly Fuhrman
Revit Community Manager

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators