Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vertical Alignment for Text in Dimensions

Vertical Alignment for Text in Dimensions

Add an option for Vertical Alignment for text in dimension lines. The options should be Top, Middel, Bottom. This would solve the placement of dimension text on top of the Dimension line which is widely used in documentation, especially in companies that used to do so in AutoCAD.

To get that in Revit the user has to manually move every single dimension text. 

12 Comments
CVDemick
Advocate
I would like to see an option to have the number in a dimension to be located directly on top of the dimension line instead of it being located above the dimension line. This will save a lot of space when applying a lot of dimensions in one area (multiple ducts located within a slab opening for instance).
Tags (1)
LyleHardin
Advisor

I agree. We have a client who wants the dim text in or on the line, not above it. It would be a great benefit if Revit would even accept a negative value for the text offset.

ethan
Explorer

Will there be an option to center the dimension text between the dim lines, or even beneath if one wanted to?

THanks

Tags (3)
Marc.FAUVE
Contributor

Problem not solved yet ?

jeremy.arnold
Advocate

Can you please add a setting that will control the default justification of the text in a linear dimension so that we can choose center, so that the text is in line with the dimension line and not always above it? See attached sketch. We currently have to move every piece of text inside the line and it is time consuming. We are a fabrication company and we have a lot of information on our drawings. By moving the text inside the line, it frees up a lot of paper space that we can use for other tags/labels, etc.

Josh.Thomason
Enthusiast

I think it would be great if there was an automatic way of placing the dimension on the dimension line. If we could have negative numbers in the offset parameter that would work. Then we can just make the dimension text opaque so there appears to be a gap in the line.

Tags (1)
alakelele
Participant

Nope nothing, how crazy right ?

bone14701
Enthusiast

bone14701_0-1670333794523.png

Mike.FORM
Collaborator
bone14701
Enthusiast

Sure. I figured, but maybe the more posts about this maybe then we'll get some action on it? Seeing the referenced previous post from 2018, looks like a good reason to post again!

veso58S5W
Advocate

So, I asked Forum for the similar, placing dimension value by user, about 2 - 3 days ago and @kimberly.fuhrman suggested me to come here and Vote on this issue.

I came on the post from 2017???????????????????? The last posts are more than a year old??????????????

Obviously AutoDesk do not care what their users (read revenue providers) are asking. Sad.

jay5jazz
Participant

Download the Rhythm package and Setup As in Floor CHART . Select the view ------>>> Run. Enjoy

Dynamo.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report