Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invisible boundary surrounding rotated railings, clashes with plan regions? Revit 2024.1

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
jordanL24TZ
248 Views, 3 Replies

Invisible boundary surrounding rotated railings, clashes with plan regions? Revit 2024.1

I've placed a plan region on a plan to show the top of retaining walls with fences on top, however a fence (modelled as a railing) disappears.

I've checked worksets, filters, hidden elements, phasing, view range and have found why it's disappearing.

When the railing is rotated, Revit seems to draw a boundary around the extents of the railing and uses that to determine whether the railing is within the plan boundary or not.

I've added detail lines to the below images where this boundary would be.

Plan region is shown dashed green.

Within plan region extent:

jordanL24TZ_0-1694483497859.png

Invisible boundary crosses plan region extent:

jordanL24TZ_1-1694483554120.png

Is there a fix for this that anyone is aware of?

I'm not sure why this would be used to detect whether a railing is out of the view or not..

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
ToanDN
in reply to: jordanL24TZ

The plan region should not touch the bounding box of the railing. Edit the plan region boundary and notch the corner.

Message 3 of 4
jordanL24TZ
in reply to: ToanDN

Thanks for the reply. 

This isn't an option as the railing is quite long. That smaller railing was just an example.

To edit the plan region to fit the bounding box, it would cover the building and wouldn't work.

Message 4 of 4
ToanDN
in reply to: jordanL24TZ

Then you might want to rotate the view so that the railing is not angled, create an the plan region then rotate the view back.  If that still doesn't works, you will need to to split the railing into shorter multiple railings, or use something else such as a curtain wall or a mass with repeating adaptive components.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report