Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing Revit update 2024.2: multiple machine failures

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
drubinoff
1221 Views, 6 Replies

Installing Revit update 2024.2: multiple machine failures

Hi,

We tried to use Autodesk Access today to install the Revit 2024.2 Update (v 24.2.0.63) on four computers. All hung at 97% install for hours. Two we cancelled and now Revit won't run and is asking for IntflFC.dll. One of these we were asked by Autodesk to uninstall and reinstall Revit. We we reinstalled Revit and now Revit won't run.

Please help, my staff are standing around and I'm losing a lot of money in the meanwhile. What should I do? This isn't the first time we've had failures installing updates and hotfixes. There's nothing special about our setup.

Thanks,

Derek

Labels (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
barthbradley
in reply to: drubinoff

A lot of this going around lately.  

We solved by doing clean uninstalls and reinstalls from browser.

How to Complete a Clean Uninstall of Revit products (autodesk.com)

We didn't do anything in the Registry.  All other steps above.  

Message 3 of 7
huotger

Hello Derek, I have sent you a direct message asking for some additional details so that we can assist you further.

Gerry Huot
Revit Release Manager

Gerry Huot

SQA Manager
Message 4 of 7
drubinoff
in reply to: huotger

thanks, I’m on a zoom with Chris Dodge from Symitri and Basabtha O from Autodesk at this very moment.

Message 5 of 7
drubinoff

Per Basantha O, Autodesk Customer Technical Success:

By following the steps of installing the .exe files for Revit 2024 (All 5 parts), Running the code correction tool - https://revit.downloads.autodesk.com/download/2024RVT_RTM/media/Revit2024_PackageCodeCheck.exe
And installing the Revit 2024.2 update has fixed the issue. 

Hopefully Chris Dodge from Symitri will further explain here what we had to do to get everything working.

Message 6 of 7
cdodge

Hi Derik, I dont think this solves the .DLL error but it does allow the update to install successfully:

Problem:   

Symptom 1:   The Revit update takes hours and gets stuck at 97%

Symptom 2:   The installer asks for RVT.MSI with the message "The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable"

cdodge_0-1702655788359.png

The update getting stuck at 97% is due to one of the following reasons:

1. You hit CANCEL for the dialog above, the update fails, but the UI progress bar keeps moving slowly to 97% and never finishes.
  2. You never SEE the dialog above because it is BEHIND another window.
  3. You pick the wrong version of RVT.MSI when you browse for the file its asking for.

Solution:

1. Download the first 5 of the original setup files:

v24.0.4.427:  File1 File2 File3 File4 File5   ( First release, try these first )

v24.0.5.432:  File1 File2 File3 File4 File5   ( "R1" with 2024.0.1 built in, don’t download unless required )

v24.1.11.26:  File1 File2 File3 File4 File5   ( "R2" with 2024.1.1 built in, don’t download unless required )

2. Run only the FIRST downloaded file AFTER all 5 are fully downloaded

Revit_2024_G1_Win_64bit_dlm_001_005.sfx.exe

Let it finish extracting to C:\Autodesk.

If a regular installer window appears, CLOSE IT.

3. Re-run Revit_2024_2_0.exe update manually from one of these locations:

Note:  The versions I reference below already have the Revit 2024 package code correction tool built into it so there is no need to run it separately.

• Autodesk access "Cache" location if you already attempted to update via Access:

C:\Autodesk\Access\{63F8F057-85FB-337D-8493-CD003BAEAC52}\Revit_2024_2_0.exe
C:\Autodesk\WI\8551238995636604606\Revit_2024_2_0.exe

• Or download from here, and then run from \Downloads\Revit_2024.2.0.exe

https://up1.autodesk.com/2024/RVT/63F8F057-85FB-337D-8493-CD003BAEAC52/Revit_2024_2_0.exe

• When you get the prompt as shown above for RVT.MSI, click BROWSE and select it in the extracted files location from step 1

Examples:

C:\Autodesk\Revit_2024_G1_Win_64bit_dlm\x64\RVT\RVT.msi

C:\Autodesk\Revit_2024_G1_Win_64bit_r1_dlm\x64\RVT\RVT.msi

C:\Autodesk\Revit_2024_G1_Win_64bit_r2_dlm\x64\RVT\RVT.msi

C:\Autodesk\{878E0908-1DF5-4C30-A12C-0D81011201DC}\image\RVT_2024_en-US\x64\RVT\RVT.msi

If you get an error stating "not a valid installation package" then you need to find and select the expected version of RVT.MSI.   You may need to extract a different version of the install files in this case.

A normal installation of the service pack should be 10-30 minutes. 

If you need to cancel a long install and the UI cancel button is greyed out, kill the following tasks in Task Manager:

• ProcessManager.exe
  • Installer.exe
  • DownloadManager.exe
Message 7 of 7
jimiz73

This is ridiculous that the updates ruin the installation of Revit and you have to uninstall/reinstall.  This is the second update in a row.  Pathetic!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report