Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import 3D Furniture into Revit

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
janeEYBNR
186 Views, 0 Replies

Import 3D Furniture into Revit

I am relatively new to Revit.   I have read and tried to follow the procedures recommended for other users who have had similar issues with manufacturer furniture models but without success.  I want to be able to import a manufacturer's furniture model into Revit and apply materials to the legs, frame, and seat separately.  When I open the dwg directly in AutoCAD 2024, the geometry of the model looks as it should.  When I open the dwg in 3ds Max, the geometry of the edges meet improperly.  When I link the dwg / CAD directly into Revit, it does not look right (frame and one level of the seat are missing) and this error occurs: "Revit cannot import some of the geometry.  This result can be caused by various issues with the source file.  Adjust the geometry in the file and try the import process again."  When I insert the dwg / CAD into a Revit family, the model again has missing parts and does not appear when i load it into a Revit project file.  Ideas?  File is attached.  Thank you for your time.

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report