Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to you create a railing profile hosted by the toposolid/topography to represent the building envelope (or buildable zone)

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
cvoo0001
502 Views, 5 Replies

How to you create a railing profile hosted by the toposolid/topography to represent the building envelope (or buildable zone)

Hi Everyone, 

I am trying to use a railing profile boundary of the buildable zone of the land. Please see the attached profile. However, I am struggling to get this file to work everytime I try to pick the toposolid as the host. Please also find an example image attached (I used Rhino to create the building envelope and import it into revit). Could anyone please help me with a step-by-step solution? I am new to Revit and not very familiar with the settings in Railing.

Thanks in Advance,

Labels (4)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
syman2000
in reply to: cvoo0001

When you create the railing profile, you have to create reference plane to ensure you get the consistent outline. Once you do this, you 

syman2000_0-1691333227821.png

When you load into the project, you want to set the offset 3m away from property line. 

syman2000_1-1691333312979.png

Then host the railing on the topo site and it should follow the topo. See attached

syman2000_2-1691333380373.png

Check out my Revit youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/user/scourdx
Message 3 of 6
cvoo0001
in reply to: syman2000

Hi Syman, 

Thank you so much for such detailed tutorial and revit file. Everything works like a charm!

Message 4 of 6
cvoo0001

Hi Syman2000,

I just realised after I imported the railing to my revit file it has 2 problems:

1. There are breaks 
  2. It is not always vertical

I have attached the screenshots and the revit file in this post, can you please have a look and let me know how to resolve them?

Kind Regards, 

Ryan. 

Message 5 of 6
syman2000
in reply to: cvoo0001

Railing will break if there is a huge variation in slope. So instead of using continuous rail method, the other option is use baluster. Sample below shows baluster able to conform to the site with various See attached

syman2000_0-1691374616175.png

Check out my Revit youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/user/scourdx
Message 6 of 6
cvoo0001

This works! Thanks a lot!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators