Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to tag a detail item 'length' parameter

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
7297 Views, 4 Replies

How to tag a detail item 'length' parameter

Hi

How can I tag a 'length' parameter, see below.  in the tag family there is no parameter 'length' to create a label from.

2017-12-05_14-20-00.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
ToanDN
in reply to: Anonymous

You have to create the Length as as shared parameter in the family, then use that parameter for a Label of the Tag.  Speaking of which, I don't think you can tag detail items.  Maybe use a custom dimension that hides the lines and only shows the value.

Message 3 of 5
Kimtaurus

Follow @ToanDN instructions to create an extractable parameter (tags and schedules).

You can create a Detail Item Tag.

Create new family, use the Generic Annotation template. Next change the category to Detail Item Tags.

Create a label, using the Shared Parameter you using in the detail item.

Detail Item Tag.JPG

I might be way off base here in understanding what you are trying to do, but there is a nice video by Alfredo Medina on doing this for a line based family that reports the length. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqIvwwmQ0ME

There is also a sample file on the Autodesk Help here, (just scroll down a little, looking for "Two pick family to calculate fire exit distance"): 
http://help.autodesk.com/view/RVT/2016/ENU/?guid=GUID-DEADF731-AD3F-47F8-B2C8-B31341CA0C5F

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

This video was useful Thank you.

I basically made a detail item and a shared parameter that will allow me to go from A to B on a piece of wall and take off the length.   I need to take a particular length of wall to be used in bracing calcs for earthquake and wind.

Thank you

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators