Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to show Doors / Windows in 2d Views in Linked IFC

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
rnossanai
251 Views, 2 Replies

How to show Doors / Windows in 2d Views in Linked IFC

Hi! I'm having a problem with 2d door visualisation in linked IFCs in Revit and I would like to know if you could help me.

I'm exporting an IFC from ArchiCAD with the "Revit Export for Reference Model" translator, with the option "Door / Windows 2d Views" checked.
When I test the IFC in other softwares, like Solibri or SketchUp, the doors are in the model and it all seems fine.

But when the other projetist that works in Revit tries to Link the IFC into his Revit project, the 2d representation of doors and windows doesn't appear. That's a big problem because he needs to see the doors in plan. He can see the doors in 3d, though.

He also tried to open the IFC with the option "Open IFC", instead of linking it. But some doors are excluded from the model, and I think is because the walls were made with the tool "Complex Wall" in ArchiCAD, and Revit doesn't read it correctly, so it excludes these walls. I couldn't fix this problem either, and doing a research I learned that it's probably because the "simple" walls are read as IFCWallStandardCase and the "complex profile" wall is read as "IFCWall", and this last one can't have windows / doors inserted...

I would really like to learn how to fix both problems, and correctly show doors with both the options "Link IFC" and "Open IFC", but my main priority is to show 2d representation of doors with the LINK IFC option, since it is this way the projetist attachs the IFC.

*I'm attaching three pictures. The first one is how the doors should look like originally, the second one is showing the doors when I attach with "Link IFC", and the third one is when I attach with "Open IFC".

Thank you very much for reading it!

Labels (1)
  • ifc
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
barthbradley
in reply to: rnossanai

That doesn't look like an IFC Linked into a Revit Project. Looks like an Image File because of the pixilation.  But whatever.  What about Opening the IFC in a new Revit Project, saving that Project and then Linking that RVT with IFC - instead of Linking IFC directly? 

Message 3 of 3
rnossanai
in reply to: rnossanai

Hi! Thank you for the answer.

The problem of Opening IFC instead of Linking it is that some doors don't appear, as shown in picture 3.

I think these doors are not appearing because of this answer (new image attached) in this other Topic: https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-architecture-forum/revit-wall-type-is-missing-after-ifc-import/...

From what I read so far, I think the problem with Open IFC is that these walls which the doors don't appear were made in ArchiCAD with the tool "Complex Wall", and Revit doesn't read it correctly, so it excludes these doors. I think this difference between IFCWall and IFCWallStandardCase that they discuss in the other topic is related to that issue.

For now the only option I found was to remodel all these walls without using Complex Profiles and chosing the option "Open IFC". But I wish there was a different way to solve this.

Thanks again

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report