Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to position the sun in a specific position using Revit?

31 REPLIES 31
SOLVED
Message 1 of 32
Anonymous
1529 Views, 31 Replies

How to position the sun in a specific position using Revit?

For our Free Open Source 3D Model of Dealey Plaza, I need to position the sun.

Its location respect to the Plaza, on November 22nd, 1963 at 12:30 pm may be determined here:

NOAA Solar Calculator Find Sunrise, Sunset, Solar Noon and Solar Position for Any Place on Earth 

The big question is: what do I do with the data obtained? I will need to do this in either 3ds Max, Revit or both.

TIA,

-Ramon F. Herrera
JFK Numbers

ramon@jfknumbers.org

This Shadow is WrongThis Shadow is Wrong

31 REPLIES 31
Message 21 of 32
ToanDN
in reply to: Anonymous

Are you also modeling 1963 buildings? Don't forget building settlement while you are it.
On a related (or not) note, you guys should try deepfake if you have not. I could make a video of myself speaking perfect English. That stuff is mind-blowing.
Message 22 of 32
Anonymous
in reply to: ToanDN

@ToanDN wrote:
Are you also modeling 1963 buildings? Don't forget building settlement while you are it.
On a related (or not) note, you guys should try [...]

(1) Make that you, Ramon (singular). While the whole JFK Numbers thing is my brainchild, my pride and joy, it has not exactly gone viral. The good news is that after 5 years I have noticed that with more stuff to show, I am getting more interest. You wouldn't believe the Snake Salesmen, bull****ters and backstabbers that tragically compose this case. That is why I decided to focus on "Numbers and Only Numbers - Numbers Do Not Lie"

(2) Yes, the Texas School Book Repository is the main star of the show, but the project is VERY ambitious (one can always dream, can't one?). The laser point cloud donated by one of the producers of the 2013 PBS Nova documentary includes 2 more buildings. Some claim shots came from them. All hypotheses will be studied with the rigor a case like this deserves.

Building_Names.jpg.png

I even contacted the authorities of the most attractive building nearby, the historical Old Red Museum. I offered a deal: "You provide the blueprints and your building will be included"

Old Red CourthouseOld Red Courthouse

(3) Building settlement? Didn't think of that! Perchance you know of a qualified, motivated expert who could add that feature?

The most current Revit Model is here:

First Architectural Model of the TSBD Ever Done 

-Ramon

JFK Numbers

Message 23 of 32
barthbradley

@Anonymous wrote:

Building settlement? Didn't think of that! Perchance you know of a qualified, motivated expert who could add that feature?

You might call Gary Handel, the Architect of the Millenium Tower in San Francisco.  Betcha he's an expert on "building settlement" now.  His Millenium Tower has sunk 18 inches and tilted 14 inches since it was completed in 2008.   

Message 24 of 32
Anonymous
in reply to: barthbradley

@barthbradley wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Building settlement? Didn't think of that! Perchance you know of a qualified, motivated expert who could add that feature?

You might call Gary Handel, the Architect of the Millenium Tower in San Francisco.  Betcha he's an expert on "building settlement" now.  His Millenium Tower has sunk 18 inches and tilted 14 inches since it was completed in 2008.   

At the time my/your/our model has more immediate needs: lighting fixtures, sprinklers, ceiling pipes, electrical panels, elevators.

I found 3 similar conveyors, need this one modeled:

Roller ConveyorRoller Conveyor

Famous Floor No. 6, during remodeling:

Floor No. 6 During RemodelationFloor No. 6 During Remodelation

Electrical Panel:

Electrical PanelElectrical Panel

Non-Permanent.png

All the photos available are here:

All known indoor photos of the building  

-Ramon

JFK Numbers
ramon@jfknumbers.org

Message 25 of 32
Anonymous

@barthbradley wrote:

BTW: what was the cloud coverage on that day?  You know it had just stopped raining prior to the motorcade arriving at Dealey Plaza.  

The weather is known. As you mentioned, it had been raining that morning but the skies cleared and that was the reason for not mounting the bubble top.

Do I know that it stopped raining? I spent about a month digitizing, uploading to Vimeo, sleeping during breaks more than 60 related movies. HD, full length, edited out any pesky commercials. After a while, Vimeo asked me to take them down. The Netflix lawyers learned that I uploaded the episode from "The Crown" named "Dear Mrs. Kennedy".

I have the full video of every study done using computers (plus a short section containing the 3D models for each). There are 11. Eight of the agree with the official version, the other three are skeptical. They are all fraudulent, since they imply science and the word "university" or "paper" are not even mentioned: If there are hidden, proprietary files, it is not Science.

This is the first one:

(1) ABA Mock Trial of Lee Harvey Oswald 

and this is the latest:

(11) 2018, Knott Laboratory Model, Engineering: Angelos Leiloglou, Certifying Company: Knott Laborat... 

If any of you folks e-mail me a postal address I will send you the 11 studies in a flash drive.

-Ramon
JFK Numbers

ramon@jfknumbers.org

Message 26 of 32
barthbradley

@Anonymous wrote:

@barthbradley wrote:

BTW: what was the cloud coverage on that day?  You know it had just stopped raining prior to the motorcade arriving at Dealey Plaza.  

The weather is known. 

That wasn't my question. I asked if you knew what the cloud coverage was over Dealey Plaza on that fateful day in history.  The topic of this thread revolves around figuring the EXACT position of the Sun in the sky over Dealey Plaza at 12:30PM on 11/22/63, so I assume lighting is important to your "forensic" Model study.   If so, EXACT cloud sizes, densities and locations in the sky also matter.  Know what I mean, jelly bean? 

suncloud.png

Message 27 of 32
Anonymous

@barthbradley wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@barthbradley wrote:

The weather is known. 

That wasn't my question. I asked if you knew what the cloud coverage was over Dealey Plaza on that fateful day in history.  The topic of this thread revolves around figuring the EXACT position of the Sun in the sky over Dealey Plaza at 12:30PM on 11/22/63, so I assume lighting is important to your "forensic" Model study.   If so, EXACT cloud sizes, densities and locations in the sky also matter.  Know what I mean, jelly bean? 

suncloud.png

I was afraid you would catch me. You are too smart for me, Barth!

In other forums (JFK related, SolidWorks, elsewhere) people are also puzzled.

Let me put it this way: Right now, people who call themselves "experts" on JFK minutia (but cannot tell a logarithm from an algorithm, much less a mambo rhythm) are reading this thread. They have wondered how seeing such detail as the brick texture, color of "NO PARKING" on the curb (black on red in 1963), or the serial number of the Coca-Cola machine, plus the fact that it is possible to design two keys for the mailboxes at cylinder LOD (one is able to open the USPS contraption, the other is not) can possibly help in the solution of the crime of the centuries.

Improved Brick RenderImproved Brick Render

Current Color, in 1963 it was BlackCurrent Color, in 1963 it was Black

Circa 1963 Coca-Cola Vending Machine at SketchFab 

===============================

Model Used by Current MailboxesModel Used by Current Mailboxes

BTW: The historical records for the USPS (blueprints, colors, dates, manufacturers, etc) are in the National Archives. I can innocently ask for those, right? They have no reason, no excuse to deny me access to those, Our Records, correct?

USPS Historical Records 

"The answer, my friend, is blowing in the wind":

The Stallion Mounting Strategy

Have to dig some material, but as usual...

"I'll be back"

-Ramon The Terminator of all the BS Herrera
JFK Numbers

ramon@jfknumbers.org

Message 28 of 32
Anonymous

@barthbradley wrote:

Be patient, Grasshopper.   : -)

At this point it is relevant for readers to take a look at this announcement:

Kennedy and Hollywood Royalty, Scholars Seek New Assassination Probes 

Kennedy and King Family Members and Advisors Call for Congress to Reopen Assassination Probes 

Care to guess who is their ONLY advisor who has the first clue about numbers? The one who told them:

"Go ahead with your petition/announcement. The numbers are on your side".

The 77 signers are mostly lawyers. Not one knows about 3D models, etc.

BTW: What you see above is the Disney Version, specifically the role of This Humble Servant of The People. I can provide the list of the "leaders" co-signers, organizers who will attempt to deny my role. Reality is more complicated, feel free to ask for details.

As you can imagine, the access to that royalty, specifically the 3 from Hollywood (Alec Baldwin, Martin Sheen and Oliver Stone The Great) is not easy, right?

Never fear, JFK Numbers is here. Read on...

While I would love the 3 above to leave their Ivory Tower of Adulation, specially Baldwin with whom I had a public encounter in the Mock Trial of Lee here in Houston...

The fact is that those 3 are by no means a monopoly. They do not own Hollywood. Remember the movies that I spent a month digitizing, editing and uploading? Well, YouTube has allowed me to broadcast the most important part: The People who have worked in all those movies.

Now Can Hollywood Help Solve the Kennedy Murder? 

With me so far?

-Ramon
JFK Numbers

ramon@jfknumbers.org

Message 29 of 32
barthbradley

You're infatuated with yourself; aren't you @Anonymous?  Gooood for you. Never let anybody rain on your parade. Just move pass them with a smile on your face and a spring in your step.  

Zip-a-dee-doo-dah, Zip-a-dee-ay! 

zz.gif

Message 30 of 32
Anonymous

@barthbradley wrote:

You're infatuated with yourself; aren't you @Anonymous?  Gooood for you. Never let anybody rain on your parade. Just move pass them with a smile on your face and a spring in your step.  

Zip-a-dee-doo-dah, Zip-a-dee-ay! 

Yes and no. I am amazed at what I have discovered. At the fact that the solution is so clear and yet has not made much progress. Millions were watching and NOBODY saw anything.

Every statement that I have made can be verified.

In fact, I would be the happiest man alive if this load were taken from my shoulders. I want ZERO credit. Why do you think I am keeping this low, underground profile, hiding among my techie peers?

The most fundamental position of JFK Numbers is that we (Barth, Ramon, the JFK "researchers") are NOT qualified to solve this case. I am NOT a scientist, I don't play one on Usenet, much less on TV, BUT I know where to find them.

Question: Let's say that there is a petition to have the authoritative entities: MIT, Stanford, Berkeley, Oxford, etc. working on the models and equations using FEA, CFD, simulations described here:

Numerical Analysis - Simulation of Cramium and Cerebrum Ballistics 

If the top universities and leading centers of 3D education were invited to inspect, criticize and improve the work currently done.

Would you support it?

If there were a parallel initiative to bring a high end film digitizer into the Sacred Room in order to make copies with the utmost fidelity. That way it would be possible to determine once and for all by the scientific community whether the autopsy X-rays are genuine or have been manipulated, falsified in some way. From there, once the 3 DICOM files are obtained (have a quote: they gave me a 50% pro bono discount) an extremely accurate 3D model of the cranium can be extracted by these folks (or others, you are welcome to find other research groups):

3D Reconstruction of Anatomical Structures from 2D X-ray Images 

Would you support it?

Feel free to use whatever words you prefer in the petition. I am trying to get the heck out of that level.

Note: "I don't like the idea because I don't like its author" is NOT an appropriate response. This is not a Miss Congeniality contest.

You may contact Gene Morris at the National Archives. He was named as the point of contact between the JFK Numbers projects (Donations of 3D Models of Craniums and Plazas, cosigned by ALL parts). They have given their preliminary approval, pending that of the Kennedys for bringing a film digitizer. He told me: "Mr. Herrera, the Archives has no problem, we just have to certify the equipment to be used" (attached).

-Ramon F. Herrera
JFK Numbers
ramon@jfknumbers.org

Resolution TableResolution Table

Message 31 of 32
barthbradley

Dealey Plaza Sun Settings R.png

Dealey Plaza Sun Settings 2.png

Message 32 of 32
Anonymous

Aha!

Like I keep on saying: "If we can send a probe to Mars, we can do this"

Thanks!

-Ramon

JFK Numbers

ramon@jfknumbers.org

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators