Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Dimension a Massing (3D View)?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
pearlofsadness
644 Views, 4 Replies

How to Dimension a Massing (3D View)?

Hi, I created a massing into my architectural project and I would like to add dimensionings to the massing in 3D view. Basically what we usually do is to set workplane on that locked-3Dview and then dimension it. But with massing, I am not able to even set the workplane on it... 

May I know if there's a way to set dimensions to a 3D-View Massing in an architectural project?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
alan_eu
in reply to: pearlofsadness

Hi, @pearlofsadness 

You can add dimensions directly on the mass 🙂

gdp6Jt8

krI2hjy

Alan Araújo EESignature
Bee1ColabInstagram Alan Araújo RevitBee1ColabGrupo Whatsapp

Usuários do Autodesk Community:
  • Se a resposta resolveu o seu problema, clique em Aceitar como Solução! isso ajuda os outros usuários a encontrar rapidamente uma resposta e Curta se gostou 🙂
  • Manda um alô nas minhas redes sociais com +600 vídeos de de Revit/BIM, Templates e conteúdos semanais! Gratuitos! 🙂
Message 3 of 5
pearlofsadness
in reply to: alan_eu

what if I do not want to do it in the massing environment? Because I am looking into adding it in the project environment... 😞

Message 4 of 5
alan_eu

You can do it both way: inside or outside massing edit.

Alan Araújo EESignature
Bee1ColabInstagram Alan Araújo RevitBee1ColabGrupo Whatsapp

Usuários do Autodesk Community:
  • Se a resposta resolveu o seu problema, clique em Aceitar como Solução! isso ajuda os outros usuários a encontrar rapidamente uma resposta e Curta se gostou 🙂
  • Manda um alô nas minhas redes sociais com +600 vídeos de de Revit/BIM, Templates e conteúdos semanais! Gratuitos! 🙂
Message 5 of 5
JuanYusta

Hi @pearlofsadness 

I do it inside the project with aligned dimension:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report