Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stretch an object

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
2919 Views, 8 Replies

Stretch an object

I am a beginner. Is there a way to stretch a complicated extrusion object which has void cut-outs? I would like Revit to stretch it as a whole, all distance relationships retained. In AutoCAD I would make a block and change X or Y scale in the properties.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
alan_eu
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous 

It´s not exactly a fast task, but should turns easy when you know how to do this.

Start simples:

1. Go to Architecture/component/model a component;

p2HD5Ji

Make a cube using the extrusion tool;

Use dimension tool (DI) on the cube length

Click on this dimension and, and create a label 

1kgHYiT

So, repeated for every dimension you want to change. 

You also can do this for some dimension type you simply don´t want to change when increasing the Lenght for e.g.

AQcMUZg

Alan Araújo EESignature
Bee1ColabInstagram Alan Araújo RevitBee1ColabGrupo Whatsapp

Usuários do Autodesk Community:
  • Se a resposta resolveu o seu problema, clique em Aceitar como Solução! isso ajuda os outros usuários a encontrar rapidamente uma resposta e Curta se gostou 🙂
  • Manda um alô nas minhas redes sociais com +600 vídeos de de Revit/BIM, Templates e conteúdos semanais! Gratuitos! 🙂
Message 3 of 9
martijn_pater

You can use planting category workaround to get scalable objects, however for more complex multidirectional scalability you'd have to create an Adaptive Component family for that so you can use normalised points etc. Or is it just to adjust parametrically like adjusting length/width and have some geometry follow that? Guess I might be overcomplicating it, share some more details...

Message 4 of 9
constantin.stroescu

a possible approach could be something like this:

• use Dynamo to scale the Geometry: Select Model Element (the Mass) > turn the Element into Dynamo Geometry, then>Scale this Geometry with a certain amount (2 , in my example) then export the Geometry to a .sat File

Image 1.png

• In Project's Mass Editor Import the .sat File 
  • then in Project you'll be able to use Mass Floors and Wall/Roof By Face

Image 11.png

Constantin Stroescu

EESignature

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: alan_eu

I had in mind this type of object - I do not see your method working for arched shapes. Am I wrong?

mradosovska_0-1609067589152.png

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: martijn_pater

My goal was to make this type of object repeated within a family and stretched left and right to fill up certain length with certain number of instances. The height to be constant

mradosovska_0-1609067850043.png

mradosovska_1-1609068032102.png

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: constantin.stroescu

It seems to be that I was not specific enough, apologies.

My goal was to make this type of object repeated within a family and stretched left and right to fill up certain length with certain number of instances. The height to be constant

mradosovska_0-1609067850043.png

mradosovska_1-1609068032102.png

Message 8 of 9
alan_eu

Hi @Anonymous

In this case, you ll have to create an array parameter by last element. You can see this option on options bar when you star the array tool.

And... I still recommend you to do a nested family. If you just want to push and pull an end line, you could create it on a line based family.

As soon I'n on computer, I ll send you some pics if you need. 

Alan Araújo EESignature
Bee1ColabInstagram Alan Araújo RevitBee1ColabGrupo Whatsapp

Usuários do Autodesk Community:
  • Se a resposta resolveu o seu problema, clique em Aceitar como Solução! isso ajuda os outros usuários a encontrar rapidamente uma resposta e Curta se gostou 🙂
  • Manda um alô nas minhas redes sociais com +600 vídeos de de Revit/BIM, Templates e conteúdos semanais! Gratuitos! 🙂
Message 9 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: alan_eu

Alan, I do not understand how this could solve the issue. Could you describe it more clearly, step by step so as I can test it myself?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report