Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how can we downgrade 2019 to 2016

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
362 Views, 6 Replies

how can we downgrade 2019 to 2016

Hi, I am using Revit 2019 but our client using 2016 version? how can we downgrade 2019 to 2016?

Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
ennujozlagam
in reply to: Anonymous

no.. you can't. no backward compatibility. thanks

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

You can't.

One option is to export your model as an IFC file, which can be opened by an earlier version, but information will be lost, so you will have to rebuild from there.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: ennujozlagam

oh, is there any solution that we can save 2016 file and client can save 2019 file?

Or any 2016 version we can still purchase? Thanks.

Message 5 of 7
ennujozlagam

If you started your model in Revit 2016 then you can save and open it into Revit 2017, 2018, 2019/2020 but if you model started in Revit 2019 you can't open it in Revit 2016, 2017 and 2018, Check your Autodesk reseller in your area, ask them if you can purchase Revit 2016 or Check with Autodesk website. Thanks

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi, I am using Revit 2019 but our client using 2016 version? how can we downgrade 2019 to 2016?

As I understand you cannot do that.I had the same problem. It is a shame.

Message 7 of 7
loboarch

If you are on subscription you might be able to download and use 2016, but it is outside of the "supported" releases, so you would need to get special permission. You will need to talk with your re-seller and you maybe able to get 2016, but only for special cases typically.

Jeff Hanson
Principal Content Experience Designer
Revit Help |

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report