Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I easily copy all or most of my Door types from one file to another?

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
7420 Views, 6 Replies

How can I easily copy all or most of my Door types from one file to another?

How can I easily copy all or most ( about 14 ) of my Door types from one file to another?

Thanks

Nardo

Tags (3)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
constantin.stroescu
in reply to: Anonymous

If I have to load all the Door Families ( or any other families) from a file to another file :

1. first from the file where the desired families are : from Application Menu (R) > Save As > Library > Family - All Families - save them into a folder
  2. then , in the file I want to load the families : Architecture > Door > Modify/Place Door > Load Family - go to the folder from step 1 and using CTRL select all the desired door families . They will appear in Project Browser > Families >Doors

Constantin Stroescu

EESignature

Message 3 of 7

I came looking for the answer and was very disappointed that this is the [SOLVED] solution, as its not the correct answer as it ignores the original question.

They original question was asking how multiple Doors can be easily transferred to a project, meaning all at once.  Saving them one at a time and loading them individually is NOT an easy way.  

Message 4 of 7
Sahay_R
in reply to: bsegafredo

Have the Doors been inserted into the Project? If so, then select the doors that you want, CTRL-C, go to the new Project, CTRL-V. Erase the pasted objects (if not needed) All the doors will be inserted.

Rina Sahay
Autodesk Expert Elite
Revit Architecture Certified Professional

If you find my post interesting, feel free to give a Kudo.
If it solves your problem, please click Accept to enhance the Forum.
Message 5 of 7
ToanDN

You don't need to save, just edit the door family and load it to you project, it will bring all Types within the family in all at once.  But you do have to do it for each family.

Another option is draw a long wall in the source project, insert all the doors you want to transfer in the wall, select the wall and CTRL+C.  Go to your project and CTRL+V.  It will bring the wall and all the inserted doors in all at once.

Message 6 of 7
chrisplyler

@bsegafredo wrote:

I came looking for the answer and was very disappointed that this is the [SOLVED] solution, as its not the correct answer as it ignores the original question.

They original question was asking how multiple Doors can be easily transferred to a project, meaning all at once.  Saving them one at a time and loading them individually is NOT an easy way.  

What are you talking about? Constantin's method saves everything in one shot, and loads everything in one shot.

Message 7 of 7
paulMDarc
in reply to: Anonymous

I think the main point is that you can't transfer these families like you can others using the Manage>Transfer Project Standards tool. Revit is painfully inconsistent with its workflows. So you can transfer Wall Types but not Door Types? And before I get all of the "Well, doors are hosted families BLA BLA BLA," it's still pretty lame you need to save the files externally only to manually reload them into the project. Revit is full of half-baked tools, and it's pretty pathetic and embarrassing when you are trying to convince upper management Revit is the superior tool. It really should be called the "Transfer SOME Project Standards" tool. My new analogy for Revit is that it's like a calculator that works 87% of the time. While it can so do amazing things, it's still pathetic and you need to so some really stupid things to get it do really basic things. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report