Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP: Cannot uninstall Revit

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
alfredtheodorebandojo
4805 Views, 3 Replies

HELP: Cannot uninstall Revit

Background:
I've got a 120GB SSD for OS (Local Disk C), and 1TB HDD for applications and files (Local Disks D and F). I installed Revit in Local Disk D. That was last year.

Fast forward just recently, my computer suddenly got blue screen and rebooted. Next thing I knew, it completely wiped my internal HDD along with Local Disks D, F, and the programs installed in them. So I got myself a new HDD, planning to reinstall all programs.

Problem:

The problem is, I can't reinstall it because windows thinks that Revit is still "installed" somehow. The files are gone, nowhere to be found, but I assume that the windows registry thinks its still installed. I can't uninstall it either because whenever I try to uninstall it from Add or Remove Programs, I get the warning: "Windows cannot find 'D:\Applications\Autodesk\Revit 2017\Setup\Setup.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again."

Could anyone help me with this? I'd like to reinstall Revit again, but to do that, I'd have to:

1. Completely uninstall Revit (which I don't have the uninstaller anymore); or
  2. Convince the setup that Revit, is in fact, not in my computer anymore.

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Well, maybe you need to look on your C:/ Drive for that file.

I always install my programs on the same drive as Windows to load them faster (especially when having SSD), Windows program files are on your C:/ Drive. Maybe you find the files there.

Otherwise, you could try these steps to remove it from registry.

Message 3 of 4

Thanks @Avaris. But I just found the solution. Go to: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\Uninstall Tool\R1'  and run 'UninstallTool.exe'. It also helped me uninstall AutoCAD and 3dsMax as well. Will be reinstalling these in a while. Thanks for the reply!

Message 4 of 4

I'm having the same problem. 

When i try to uninstall Revit 2021 i get this error....

Seychellian_0-1609412770134.png

Then when i run the uninstall tool i don't see Revit 2021 listed.....

Seychellian_1-1609412816411.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report