Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting a tag leader to ignore symbolic lines and point to the 3D geometry?

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Kaitlyn.Kistler
317 Views, 8 Replies

Getting a tag leader to ignore symbolic lines and point to the 3D geometry?

We have several families with symbolic "clearance zones" built in. When they are tagged, the leader will center on the clearance zone, and it drives the designers nuts to go and manually fix them all. I tried to change the lines to be "not a reference" but that doesn't work. Only invisible lines do the trick, which defeats the purpose. 

I have also tried to have a visibility parameter on the families for the clearance zones, turn them off to tag, turn them back on, but then the leader still points to the symbolic lines. Anything I'm not thinking of? Thanks!

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Post the Family so we can have a look at it. 

Message 3 of 9

Example of one family attached. There are several different equipment families that have the same throwback areas. Having the tag on the side of the family without the throwback lines it points to the 3D box, but as soon as you move the tag to the top or bottom, it points to the symbolic lines

Message 4 of 9

Not sure what exactly you want, but have you tried Tagging with "Free End"?  

Tag 418.png

Message 5 of 9

I was trying to see if it was possible for the leader to ignore the hidden lines. But if it's not then tagging with free end on can work. The designers just feel like it's a big waste of time to "tag all" and then have to individually move the end of the leader to point to the 3D box and not the dashed lines

Message 6 of 9

A couple of approaches could be: 

1. Create a Model & Detail Group of a single Rack Families with Tag in the View, and then place additional Rack Families as Model Groups and then select all of them in the View and press Attach Detail Group to attach the Tag to all of then in one fell swoop. 

2. Clipboard Copy/Paste the Tags between Views instead of starting over in each View from scratch.  

Message 7 of 9
ToanDN
in reply to: Kaitlyn.Kistler

Like this?  See attached file.

ToanDN_0-1650298343394.png

Message 8 of 9

yeah I think this seems like the best solution. thanks!

Message 9 of 9

Kind of an odd solution.  So, now - with the nested approach - you have 2 tags automatically placed when you do a "Tag All".  Before, it was single tags with leaders.  Now, it's double tags with leaders.   So, now the fix includes not only correcting the leader, but also deleting the duplicate tag and leader ... PLUS, some other fixes that will be made necessary  because of using the "nested approach".   😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report