Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Floor Plans Orientation

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
tstewart
1971 Views, 9 Replies

Floor Plans Orientation

Once I started the Site plan, all of the Floor Plans aligned w/ the Site Plan orientation (True/Project North). How do I straighten out the Floor Plans and keep the Site Plan's orientation?

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
RDAOU
in reply to: tstewart

By rotating the crop region or by applying a scope box

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 3 of 10
ToanDN

If what you show is the True North orientation then use True North for site plan and Project North for building plans.  Use different view templates for Site plan and building plans.  You need to rotate True North if you has not done it already.  

Message 4 of 10
tstewart

The Crop region is grayed out, so I can't rotate it.

Message 5 of 10
tstewart
in reply to: ToanDN

Floor plans' Grid lines & Dimensions did not rotate and the "Orientation" tab is greyed out under Properties. Help!

Message 6 of 10
RDAOU

It got confusing what your are trying to do.... isnt it the reply you marked as solution? Project nprth true north?

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 7 of 10
ToanDN

@tstewart wrote:

Floor plans' Grid lines & Dimensions did not rotate and the "Orientation" tab is greyed out under Properties. Help!

Check the View template for Orientation.  Your site plans and floor plans should have different view templates.  Site plan's view template has Orientation = True North, floor plan's view template has Orientation = Project North.

Message 8 of 10
tstewart
in reply to: RDAOU

The attached plan is aligned to the Site Plan and I need to have it rotated to match the sheet (top is North).
Thanks,
TS
Message 9 of 10
RDAOU

@tstewart 

Like this? Can do this also using a scope box as mentioned in previous reply 

• Activate view on sheet (on open the relevant plan view)
  • Make crop region visible 
  • Rotate the crop region
  • Make it invisible again
  • Deactivate view

Rotate crop.gif

Message 10 of 10
mlaudon

I have a similar issue. I am trying to plot my floor plan to a pdf format so I can create an office map with Floor Plan Mapper. I am actually using DWG TruView2023 and my floor plan keeps getting cropped. Is there a way to fit the floor plan to an 11x17 paper size?

Thanks in advance,

M

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report