Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Floor Pattern Mess vs Fill Region

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
adamskaEXHPY
249 Views, 3 Replies

Floor Pattern Mess vs Fill Region

Hi,

I'm looking for a solution how to make it look correct - as we have modified sub elements of the floor, its pattern gets messed up. 

Pavement Pattern.PNG

Temporary solution was to create a Fill Region with Model Pattern but in the end, it's impossible to send Detail Items below model components. The pattern overlaps doors and fence which is clearly visible in PDF.

Fill Pattern Overlap.PNG

How would you approach it?

Thank you

Labels (5)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
barthbradley
in reply to: adamskaEXHPY

The Filled Region sounds like a good solution to me - way faster and easier than the fix which would be akin to laying individual bricks.  Maybe a better solution would be to use another surface pattern (or shading) and call it out as "brick pavers" (or whatever).  

Message 3 of 4
adamskaEXHPY
in reply to: barthbradley

Hi, unfortunately - as mentioned, the Fill Region goes over doors and fencing, and makes it look dashed 😞
Message 4 of 4
barthbradley
in reply to: adamskaEXHPY

Got a better solution for you I think.  Instead of shaping your Floor with the Sketch Boundary, make the Floor Sketch Boundary square or rectangular, and shape it using a In-Place Modeled Void Cut after you Modify Sub-Elements.  

Shape Brick Floor 1.png

Shape Brick Floor 3.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators