Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

figuring out glazing percentage vs. overall elevation (via Revit schedule/formulas)

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
TravisVaughanKJWA
258 Views, 2 Replies

figuring out glazing percentage vs. overall elevation (via Revit schedule/formulas)

Revit 2022

1. I started working on this a few weeks back and asked the question via Twitter. I have an exterior wall schedule where I created an elevation parameter that tracks the direction (NORTH, SOUTH, EAST, and WEST). Right now I am following the exterior 'solid' walls and the exterior 'curtain' walls. I want to be able to show the percentage of the glazed wall to overall wall in the schedule. I know that it is possible and that there are threads here that probably go over this here. While I google would anyone be able to point me in the right direction? (Either to an old thread or explaining it from scratch.)
  2. My secondary question after figuring out the formula for the totals is that evidently in Comcheck you have to keep track of the door openings because they will have a different R-value from the solid walls and glazing. Doors don't have an area parameter built-in and I'd have to change my schedule from a Wall Schedule to a Multi-Category Schedule. Any ideas on that one?

I want to focus on solving the first issue to prove to my colleague that it works before tackling the second...

Labels (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
ToanDN
in reply to: TravisVaughanKJWA

Yes you can do it.  See example below:

Differentiate Walls and Curtain Walls in the schedule.  I use Assembly Description here as I already assigned them to my walls and curtain walls.  You can use any applicable field such as Family, Type, etc...

ToanDN_1-1662479535924.png

Add Percentage parameter:

ToanDN_0-1662479475984.png

Message 3 of 3
lcunninghamC5SJ4
in reply to: ToanDN

this is helpful, thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report