Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Elevation View and 3D View Problem (elements Not shown when placed outside the North/East/South./West Problem )

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
ahmadkhalaf7892
463 Views, 11 Replies

Elevation View and 3D View Problem (elements Not shown when placed outside the North/East/South./West Problem )

Hello Currently I am placing Generic models which are supposed to be a tunnel in Revit . The thing is I am placing them outside the North/east/South/west/  Elevation View . Then I am moving the Elevations (North east …) to  see my tunnel in the plan view . 

My problem is that I cannot locate them in 3D model they are not directly visible , and in the north view I cannot see the levels assigned or near the generic elements . 

How can I fix this issue . I know I can move the generic models into the Views but I don't want this approach since I might need the points and their location. 

what is the best approach for such an issue .

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Post the actual RVT file and we'll take a look at it and advise you. 

...also, here's a handy reference to check when you can't find "stuff" in the View: 

Missing Something in a Revit View? 33 Steps to Find Stuff | Ideate Inc

Message 3 of 12

Hello , Thanks a lot for the help. I have upload the file . Please if there was an approach I can fix this issue inform me how.

Message 4 of 12

Hello I have uploaded it under the name Project located above please inform me if the solution was found
Message 5 of 12

No RVT attached.  Did you press "Browse" next to "Attachment"? 

Message 6 of 12

Hello it is uploaded in the orginal message up . I have edited it 

Thanks 

Message 7 of 12

Message 8 of 12

Yes I know that I am extracting solids from civil 3d to revit using dynamo . So the best approach would be to move the generic models to the elevation view ?
Also how did you check it and it was far how .
I mean what did you press so that you got this type of view in revit

Message 9 of 12

@ahmadkhalaf7892 wrote:

I mean what did you press so that you got this type of view in revit

Zoom to Fit and press Reveal Hidden Elements

Too Far Away 1.png

Too Far Away 2.png

Message 10 of 12

Just if I may ask one more simple question how would I Get the northing and easting values in Revit ?

Message 11 of 12

@ahmadkhalaf7892 wrote:

Just if I may ask one more simple question how would I Get the northing and easting values in Revit ?

I don't understand.   Northing and Easting? Cartesian coordinates?  X,Y? That's exactly what Revit uses.  

Message 12 of 12
ToanDN
in reply to: ahmadkhalaf7892

Spot coordinates

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators