Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Elevation in Detail Callout

23 REPLIES 23
SOLVED
Message 1 of 24
elky853
6233 Views, 23 Replies

Elevation in Detail Callout

I wanna create elevation references from a callout (see image). Is that possible at all? 

Thanks!

elky853_0-1617897864152.png

23 REPLIES 23
Message 2 of 24
cbcarch
in reply to: elky853

View Tab>Elevation.

In you Plan View, make sure Elevations are turned on in Visibility Graphics (VG) in Annotation Categories.

Cliff B. Collins
Registered Architect The Lamar Johnson Collaborative Architects-St. Louis, MO
Message 3 of 24
elky853
in reply to: cbcarch

It is turned on.

But what I'm asking is if it's at all possible to make it visible in a callout, because 'Elevation' is grayed out. (see attached image).

Message 4 of 24
barthbradley

That looks like the stock "Interior Elevation". So after pressing Elevation on the View Tab, select the Elevation Type from the Properties Palette Type Selector.  

Interior Elev 48.jpg

Message 5 of 24
barthbradley

Go to a Plan View. 

Message 6 of 24
elky853
in reply to: barthbradley

I created an interior elevation, as @barthbradley advised, in Plan View, but I can't make it visible in a callout. (It's turned on in VG). 

Also how do I create the North/South/East/West Elev? The one I created is as follow:

Message 7 of 24
cbcarch

Check the boxes at the other 3 elevation markers (triangles). This will create the elevations.

In the Callout View, under VG, check if any Filters are applied that would have the Elevation Type turned off.

Cliff B. Collins
Message 8 of 24
barthbradley

I'm not understanding the question. Elevation Markers are placed in Plan Views for the purpose of creating a 2D Elevation View.   

Also, do you mean you want the Marker to display the Name of the View, such as "North", "South", "East", "West"?  If so, name the Elevation View "North", "South", "East", or "West".  

Message 9 of 24
elky853

No filters are applied... Can there be any other reason why the elevation marks aren't showing up?

Message 10 of 24
cbcarch

Try creating a new Elevation inside the Callout/Plan View. Do all 4 sides show up?

Cliff B. Collins
Message 11 of 24
elky853

I created the elevation in Plan View and I have all 4 sides showing up. The issue is only that the actual Elevation Tag isn't showing up in Callout view. 

Message 12 of 24
elky853

also the elevation tag itself (which is visible in plan view) is wayyyy too big. Any idea how to scale it down?

Message 13 of 24
cbcarch

The Elevation Mark is the correct size.

Try increasing the scale of your Plan View/Callout instead.

i.e. your Floor Plan/Callout is too small, making the Elevation Mark look too big.

Cliff B. Collins
Message 14 of 24
barthbradley

@elky853 wrote:

I created the elevation in Plan View and I have all 4 sides showing up. The issue is only that the actual Elevation Tag isn't showing up in Callout view. 

Callouts AND every Annotation, are VIEW-SPECIFIC.  The Callout View is a new View.  It won't show the View-Specific Annotations in the source View.   

Annotation Elements | Revit Products | Autodesk Knowledge Network

Message 15 of 24
elky853

So how do I change it so it shouldn't be view-specific but should show up wherever the category 'elevations' is turned on?

Message 16 of 24
barthbradley

Clipboard Copy and Paste Aligned to same Place.  

Message 17 of 24
barthbradley

Actually, I'm wrong. First time that's ever happened. Weird experience. 😉   

Message 18 of 24
elky853

Can't Copy paste.

Message 19 of 24
elky853

Lol k what was that wrong thing you said? I'm all confused now

Message 20 of 24
TripleM-Dev.net

Hi,

Seems if you make a Callout from the "Callout - Detail"-family of a Floorplan; elevation symbols won't show, also you can't place new elevations in this callout.

"Callout - Detail" family views also can't be duplicated as dependent, guess it's has different functionality than other view types.

You can create a Callout using the "Callout - Floorplan" family, this will function identical to the Floorplan itself, elevation markers show etc...

- Michel

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators