Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

elevation ground line

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
11188 Views, 8 Replies

elevation ground line

I have an elevation and I want to show the ground line with a Ground line only and I dont need to show the earth hatch pattern like the image below. How can I do that? The one I currently have is the second image. I have tried to go VG and untick the site . I have also tried changing the cut pattern in the propoerty of the site but it did NOT work untill this point. As much as a begginer issues this may seem but there is no utorial which has covered this from my understadning.

elevations groound pattern.JPG

elevations groound pattern.JPG

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
ennujozlagam
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello, have you tried pick earth right click in your mouse and choose hide elements in view. Thanks

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: ennujozlagam

YES BUT IT hides the ground line as well which I realy need. HOwever I also did try TAB to see if I just can select the hatch pattern but iut did NOT work. 

Message 4 of 9
constantin.stroescu

In your case,there are two to do it:

1. in Site View select the elevation symbols ( both of them) and drag them outside the toposurface so that the terrain , not to be seen in section
  2. Massing and Site > click on the small arrow on the right of Model Site tab > Site Settings > Section Graphics > Elevation of poche base - choose a value to be above the maximum height of the terrain

Image 2.png

Image 1.png

Constantin Stroescu

EESignature

Message 5 of 9

I wanted to say that there are two ways to do it....

Constantin Stroescu

EESignature

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: constantin.stroescu

thanks fro your endeavor to help me . But in this case the elemnst below the ground line will be shown as well which I dont need to show them. 

elevation GL C.JPG

Message 7 of 9
constantin.stroescu

then , just change the earth material to a clear material (no patern)....:

Massing and Dite >Model Site >Site Settings >SectionGraphics>Section Cut Material - change the earth material to a no pattern one

T1.png

T2.png

Constantin Stroescu

EESignature

Message 8 of 9
RDAOU

Hey @Anonymous

If it is the cut pattern which you do not want to show in the elevation; simply

1. select Toposurface in the Elevation view
  2. Right click >> Overide Graphics per view >> by Element
  3. Under Surface Pattern >> Uncheck the Visibility Box (This removes the pattern)
  4. Under Cut Line >> Increase the Line Weight to emphasize the Ground Line (I set it to 8 in the screencast) - Note: Make sure Thin Lines mode is not ON so you can see line weights
  5. Click OK
  6. Set view to Hidden Lines and it will look as follows (See image and screencast

Poche Elevation.png

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 9 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: constantin.stroescu

Thanks but I need the earth hatch pattern for the section. Thnaks for your effort though. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators