Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duopitch roof joining

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
atisklavins
475 Views, 9 Replies

Duopitch roof joining

Hello all,

I cant join duopitch roof to bigger roof. Cant select edges. 

I tried doing it without any slope, which was successful. But i lost options (red) to modify the roof. 

atisklavins_0-1623322868478.png

Could you advise me, what am I doing wrong? 

Thanks in advance!

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
martijn_pater
in reply to: atisklavins

...why not just use the slope arrow/slope setting tools? (maybe add some images to see what you're trying to do)

Message 3 of 10
atisklavins
in reply to: martijn_pater

Ok, yes. I agree that that I have not added enough information. 

I am trying to join these roofs. I know that I can make the from one roof, but I need them to be separated for schedule.  When i click on "Join roof" these edges does not show up when I point at them. 

atisklavins_0-1623332208031.png

Instead I tried joining slab roof (i dont know if corrert in english). The edges could be selected. 

atisklavins_1-1623332430324.png

When it was succesful, i lost options to modify the roof. 

atisklavins_2-1623332479541.png

Message 4 of 10
syman2000

Have you try the roof join tool? Or you trying to do something else? Screenshot below how you can join the roof with another.

Check out my Revit youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/user/scourdx
Message 5 of 10
RDAOU

@atisklavins 

If it is a roof element, the Join roof should be able to pick it up...no reason why it shouldn't unless that Pitched Roof looking element is NOT a roof. How did you create them?

An easy way to limit the guessing is to upload that Revit model

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 6 of 10
martijn_pater

...one common practise is to draw the adjoining roof overlapping and use the vertical opening cut tool on both those roofs' intersections.

Message 7 of 10
atisklavins
in reply to: RDAOU

Thank you all for commenting. By the way, I am new to revit, so this might be silly to you pro's.

To fix this I had to make a roof (by footprint - as I did before), but without a split line. I defined slopes. Now the roof is connected. But with lees options to modify. Agues its because it is different type now.

atisklavins_0-1623335786094.png

Message 8 of 10
ToanDN

And, the two roofs (as seen in your screenshot) could be modeled as a
single roof. No joining needed.
Message 9 of 10
atisklavins
in reply to: ToanDN

Yes, I could but I needed them to be different quantities in schedule. 

Message 10 of 10
martijn_pater

FWIW/FYI if it's a single layer roof type assembly you could also draw it as single roof and use parts on it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators