Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Driveway direction symbol

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
ann.tanch
1574 Views, 5 Replies

Driveway direction symbol

Hi, when I create driveway by floor, may I know how to set setting to create driveway direction symbol in plan view. 

anntanch_2-1628953815828.png

Thankyou for your help

Labels (2)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
barthbradley
in reply to: ann.tanch

Are you talking about Driveway Direction Arrows like those found in the Site/Parking Folder of the OOTB Content Library?

Driveway Direction Symbols.png

....you can draw them using Detail Lines and Fill Regions directly in the Project Plan View too. 

Message 3 of 6
barthbradley

FWIW: if that herringbone-like pattern is the stripping, and is coming from a CAD Import, you could use Pick Lines Method to trace it with Revit Linework.  

Message 4 of 6
ann.tanch

Thank you for your suggestions, I managed to figured out a way to do it.

I created a material with the herringbone pattern and used the paint tool to apply it to driveway floor.

Message 5 of 6
syman2000

The material is a great way. However how I would approach this would be to use railing. Create a small profile and then use the floor as host to get your marking. See attached

Check out my Revit youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/user/scourdx
Message 6 of 6
ToanDN

Is this just a plan drawing symbol or actual lines (e.g. paint stripes) to be installed on the ramp?

Toan Nguyen
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report