Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

drawing and text, proportion

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
soyhannnnn
868 Views, 2 Replies

drawing and text, proportion

ölçek yazı.JPGOn the layout, my revit drawing opens in 2 different scales. Left photo is 1/1 scale. Right photo is 1/20 scaled. As the drawing shrinks, my writing looks large because the font size remains constant. Can I adjust the text in direct proportion with the drawing?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
David_W_Koch
in reply to: soyhannnnn

Text and other annotation do that by design.  You specify the printed height for text, and Revit scales it according to the scale of the view in which it is placed so that, when plotted, you get the specified height.

Would you ever plot a model view at 1:1?  If so, you would not see very much on the plotted sheet, unless you have a really big sheet (and a really big plotter).  If you placed 3/32" /2.5 mm text in a 1:1 view, then changed the scale to 1:20 so that it would fit on a sheet, with the text height remaining fixed, the plotted text height would be 0.0046875"/0.125 mm high.  Your eyes may be a lot younger than mine, but neither of us would be able to read that.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 3 of 3
barthbradley
in reply to: soyhannnnn

Text, labels, dimensions, etc. are Annotative objects. Annotative objects automatically adjust to display uniformly at the same size or scale regardless of the scale of the view. Make sense?  What's odd to me is that your 1:1 screenshot is showing "readable" text, which means the text font size must be about 4 inches (or about the distance from the bottom of the foot to the ankle).  Typically, text font size is around 1/8", so at 1:1 View Scale it wouldn't be visible in the view you are showing -- the one with the silhouette of a grown man.  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators