Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downloaded Materials Folders Appearing Empty in Rendering Path/Cannot Libraries

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
867 Views, 2 Replies

Downloaded Materials Folders Appearing Empty in Rendering Path/Cannot Libraries

Hello,

I am a student attempting to learn from home at the moment. My professor uploaded a video of herself downloading a materials library (specifically Steelcase) and creating a folder on her desktop to put all the materials into, then she showed us how to link the materials by going into File-Options-Renderings-Add Paths (choose the folder...) when I choose the folder it says it is empty. When I look at my folder through my computer files it has all the materials. (why would it be empty in one place and not empty in another)

I also tried putting it into the folders under the operating system - program files - common files - autodesk shared - materials.....still did not work.

But when I go to a piece of furniture and browse materials, I can go to the appearance tab of the material, click the link and change it to a different link in the folder I had created (and all the files I downloaded are there), but I cannot load an existing/new library because it says it is empty.

Please help!

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
barthbradley
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

when I choose the folder it says it is empty.

You are a little bit confused. The folder is not empty of images - it is empty of folders. You've reach the end of the line. You can't drill down any deeper.  

Now, if you want to drop the images directly from your folder into one of the 3 Autodesk "Mat" folders, the correct path is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\Materials\Textures\[1, 2 or 3]\Mats.  

NOTE: You don't have to do either of the above. You can put your custom images wherever you want and "browse" to that location when you need to.    

Worthwhile Reading 4 U:

https://paulaubin.com/blog/managematerials/

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: barthbradley

Thank you for responding, I was a little confused and just went back and started from scratch the try again, and it worked. 

Much appreciated!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators