Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double nested family spec representation

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
evgeniy.denisyuk
269 Views, 3 Replies

Double nested family spec representation

Hi, 

I ve got an louver panel family based on nested array of louvers and I want to calculate quantity of louvers in spec. I know to do that I have to apply shared option for every nested family, but when I did that, family just crashed down. 

This how it should looks like:

Revit_oJFOzLyuIb.png

This how it looks after shared option applied for CurtainPanel_rev01 and Louver famalies:

Revit_2XlQzWtY41.png

I am kindly asking you to give me advise how to fix this because I am stacked.  

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
RDAOU
in reply to: evgeniy.denisyuk

@evgeniy.denisyuk 

All you need is to Edit the panel family and change Louver Count to a Shared Parameter this way you can add/quantify the number of louvers in the curtain panels schedule 

RDAOU_0-1631175645018.png

Personally I prefer the panel family option but there is also the alternative of modeling the louvers as a nested Curtain Wall type which consists of

• Horizontal Mullions
  • Empty system panels

This way you can quantify louvers under mullions...both ways work. 

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 3 of 4
evgeniy.denisyuk
in reply to: RDAOU

@RDAOU 

Thank you. It works perfect. Can you share information (article or someshing) about second way?

Evgeniy

Message 4 of 4
RDAOU
in reply to: evgeniy.denisyuk

@evgeniy.denisyuk 

Its pretty simple

1. Duplicate the Rectangular Mullion in the project browser and edit type to create the louvers
    • RDAOU_0-1631189955629.png

2. Place any type of Curtain Wall
  3. Edit the CW in step 2 an duplicate a CW type type...
    • take out all Vertical Mullions
    • Leave the Horizontal interior mullions 
    • Set the horizontal mullions to the type you created in step 1
    • Set the Panel to Empty system Panel
  4. On a curtain wall where you want to place a louver
    1. Unpin a Panel
    2. From the drop down type selector >> Change it to the Type you created in step 3

louver Pure Curtain wall.gif

You can find plenty of videos on google or even here....Here are the top hits on Google 🙂

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators