Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone have a problem with doors families after actualising your Revitfile to 2021

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
narea
518 Views, 10 Replies

Does anyone have a problem with doors families after actualising your Revitfile to 2021

Hello, 

We are having a problem after upgrading our file to Revit 2021 from Revit 2018. 

The problem occurs when we select a door element, it takes at least 1 minute to show the element information. In Revit 2018 it was working without any problem, but after the upgrade all the doors have this problem. so far we don't know what can be causing this problem.

If you can give us a hint how to fix this problem, it would be awesome. 

Best.

Xeo

Labels (2)
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
barthbradley
in reply to: narea

Try Auditing the File upon opening.  

Message 3 of 11
ToanDN

Share your door family here.

Toan Nguyen
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 11
narea
in reply to: barthbradley

done it. and it didnt change...

Message 5 of 11
RDAOU

@narea 

Would you like to share that 2018 door family (Not upgraded) for one of us to check/test?

It is quite hard to guess what is happening and whether the issue is model related or just the family.

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 6 of 11
narea

here you can find 2 door families. although I should send all door families, because it happens with all of them.

version 2021 

Message 7 of 11
narea

Version 2018

@RDAOU 

@ToanDN 

Message 8 of 11
RDAOU

@narea 

Tried and loaded them into project models version 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022 ... and they all seem to work perfectly fine at my end. No odd behavior 

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 9 of 11
narea
in reply to: RDAOU

in that case, can it be a Modell Problem?

Message 10 of 11
RDAOU

@narea 

Test the families on a new project...AT my end both doors seemed to have no issues with no lag in displaying their properties in the palette.

1. It could be a model issue,
  2. it could also be a shared parameters issue (having same shared parameters of the same name loaded from different shared parameter files)

Hard to guess... wait and see how the families will behave at @ToanDN  or @barthbradley end.

Message 11 of 11
narea

thank you all for your replies. after reading your comments, i have started the whole process again. I have saved the 2018 file (Detach from Central and Audit) and then updated it to 2021. and voila, it worked.

I think it may be with the Revit version (Hotfix) or something else, who knows. 

thanks to all.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report