Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different Level Head at Either End of Level

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1484 Views, 3 Replies

Different Level Head at Either End of Level

We have a situation where we I need to display a Level with the Level Name and then the Elevation of a level in the same line above the level.

When creating the level head, I can set one Label to left aligned and one to right aligned, and they butt together nicely, however at opposite ends of the level they read in reverse eg. Ground FFL 104800-----------104800 Ground FFL

Is there any way to either;

A) Pin elevation label to the last letter of the text (so that if a level name is longer the elevation moves further away to match - they don't overlap and there is never a large gap between the two) or;

B) use a different level head at either end of a level - I believe this would mean editing the Level System Family to create an extra parameter, and I'm not sure if this is even possible. The different level heads would have the labels mirrored.

One suggestion I have seen is to make a spot elevation which looks like the level head and attach this to the level head. I will do this for the mean time, but would like to know if either of the above are possible, or any other solutions. 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
martijn_pater
in reply to: Anonymous

Just a thought, show the symbol on one end and same graphic generic annotation on the other (but probably you're looking for a more automated approach^^) edit: ps. could you add an image of how you want that to show graphically?

Message 3 of 4
Corsten.Au

Hello

To avoid the issue you are facing, make changes in the label.

Add both parameters  ( Name and Elevation ) in one go, so it will force that sequence so show up on both side of levels..Add both parameters ( Name and Elevation ) in one go, so it will force that sequence so show up on both side of levels..

Corsten
Building Designer
Message 4 of 4
Corsten.Au

Hello

Once you add both parameters in one lable, you will never face an issue of spacing between those two parameters graphics in the project..

however you can choose to break it and show them in two separate lines... 

line break...line break...

Corsten
Building Designer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators