Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

demolition room tags - rooms bounded by curtain wall are not enclosed?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
854 Views, 3 Replies

demolition room tags - rooms bounded by curtain wall are not enclosed?

Having a weird issue with room tags-

"Demo" (left in picture) - phase filter: current only, phase: previous (existing) - rooms bounded by the curtain wall are showing up as "not enclosed"

The curtain wall is existing to remain (phase created: previous (existing), phase demolished: none).  All other rooms bounded by interior walls are tagged with no problem. 

New construction (right in picture) - the rooms are bounded by the curtain wall perfectly.  What's the issue here? 

PS - I realize I can draw a room boundary in the "demo" plan to solve this issue - just wondering if there's a smarter/actual reason this is happening.  Using Revit 2017

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
JasonKunkel
in reply to: Anonymous

I would first confirm that it's the curtain walls giving you the issues (it most likely is, but it's good to be sure).  I like to draw Room Separation lines that are obviously not going to be kept to start avoiding problem walls and see what wall I exclude before I get a valid placed room.  I would place them one at a time and delete the prior one before the next one.  For example, the red lines would be where I place them.... cross the walls to make sure.

room-sep-lines-overkill.png

Then I know which wall is the problem.

If it is the curtain walls, my first shot would be to try a simple TRIM between the two.  That corner might be problematic.

Some other random things to check:

Make sure the bottom of the wall is at the same level or below the level the room is on.  A room is pretty much a 2D shape that extrudes up into space.  All it cares about is the level it is "drawn" on.

Confirm your walls are all room bounding.

I've had strangeness with some rooms even when I've checked everything and it all looks good.  Sometimes a well place Room Separation Line is the best way to go, sadly.

Jason Kunkel
Senior Practice Manager, Architecture and Engineering
CADD Microsystems Blog
RVIT Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn
Message 3 of 4
ToanDN

Should the Demolition plan show existing Room tags?

Message 4 of 4
Sahay_R

Make sure that the curtain walls have Room Bounding checked.

Capture.JPG

Rina Sahay
Autodesk Expert Elite
Revit Architecture Certified Professional

If you find my post interesting, feel free to give a Kudo.
If it solves your problem, please click Accept to enhance the Forum.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators