Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting Rooms - Not Through Schedule

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Ian_H
518 Views, 5 Replies

Deleting Rooms - Not Through Schedule

Is there a way to delete rooms other than through the schedule?

I've been using Ideate Explorer to batch delete them, but it would be nice if I could delete them from a floor plan view. 

Labels (3)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
HVAC-Novice
in reply to: Ian_H

why would you refuse to use a schedule? Schedules are what shows you many things in a project at a glance. If you just "delete" a room or space in floorplan, it is just not placed anymore, but still in the project. 

I just have room/space schedule with no other function than to show me what other schedules may not show or delete them. Couldn't be easier than that. 

Revit version: R2024.2.1
Message 3 of 6
Ian_H
in reply to: HVAC-Novice

I'm not refusing to use a schedule and know how powerful they can be, I'm just looking for a quicker way to delete them. I've been working through design ideas for a high-rise so I've been deleting and creating lots of rooms of the last couple of weeks so the less steps the better. 

Message 4 of 6
HVAC-Novice

It would be nice if there was a checkmark or some other option to ultimately delete a room when you delete it on a floor plan. So I'm not disagreeing that it would be nice.

But short of that becoming an option, using a schedule is the only other easy(ish) way. You can sort them by "not placed" and delete all unplaced ones. TBH, I never re-use a space or room. so complete deletion should be the default, and only "un-placing" should be an option. 

There is a feature request you may want to vote for:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-ideas/remove-room/idi-p/11720770

Revit version: R2024.2.1
Message 5 of 6
Ian_H

Yeah, I do the same with Ideate Explorer so there are many ways to sort and delete. One thought I just had was to just create a Dynamo Script that would delete all 'not placed' rooms. I could put it in my toolbar and that would be a 1-click solution. 

Message 6 of 6
barthbradley

Group the Rooms together in Plan View and then delete the Group. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report