Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Command prompts stuck

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
steve
601 Views, 6 Replies

Command prompts stuck

in revit 2019:  My command prompts are stuck on "repeat"  with every command.   example - if I am entering text, there is no way to stop the cursor from wanting to enter more text without right clik and entering CANCEL ... twice!    It's really annoying.  I've tried exit restart and shutdown restart.   Win10.    How to un-do this mystery setting?   Video showing the problem...

https://drive.google.com/a/designbuildllc.com/file/d/1p1C7b4AEiKLpN9G9fBhNmlD7Aea5OB3W/view?usp=driv...

At the same time, another new bad habit that Revit has taken on is that if i select something, I used to be able to then hit the "delete" key on the keyboard to delete the selected object.   Not that won't work .... must right clik and find "delete" in the list. Not world ending, but a nuisance.     

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
barthbradley
in reply to: steve

Have you looked under your Options? Could be related to User Interface settings. Just a guess though.  

Message 3 of 7
RobDraw
in reply to: barthbradley

@barthbradley wrote:

Have you looked under your Options? Could be related to User Interface settings. Just a guess though.  

I  had a look around there earlier this morning and did not see anything that looked related to this.

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 4 of 7
steve
in reply to: RobDraw

Tried many settings therein.  No help.  

Message 5 of 7
steve

its really happening.  pretty annoying.  I have to end every basic command with two "cancel" selections

Message 6 of 7
RobDraw
in reply to: steve

Have you restarted Revit, computer?

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 7 of 7
steve

I shut down / restarted / restart computer twice this AM, no luck. 

I decided maybe third time's the charm, this thing was driving me nuts.  Fixed!  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report