Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Circle Center Mark

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
PhilvK
4432 Views, 2 Replies

Circle Center Mark

I am trying to align the circular extrusion highlighted below to the intersecting reference planes. When I change the Post Offset parameter, the reference planes flex correctly, but the circles only move in one direction. I’ve found references online that said to turn on the circle’s center mark in order align the circle to the intersections of the reference planes. However, when I select the circle, I do not see an option to show the center mark. According to one reference, that option should be located where I have the maroon arrow below. Also, the scroll bar at the blue arrow does not move when I select it. Where should I look next?

Circle Mark.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
cbcarch
in reply to: PhilvK

For the Center Mark, this is controlled in the Dimension Style. You just need to turn on Center Mark.

Try placing a Dimension. Then highlight it, go to Properties, scroll down to Center mark and turn it on.

(not sure if you can control it for "temporary dimensions" which you see when editing the family.?)

The "scroll bar" is not a scroll bar--it is a "radio button"--which you click to open up the Parameters dialog box, so you can assign a parameter (shared or project) to the item, in your case visibility parameter. That way you can control the parameter once the family is loaded into your project.

Cliff B. Collins
Registered Architect The Lamar Johnson Collaborative Architects-St. Louis, MO
Message 3 of 3
PhilvK
in reply to: cbcarch

Well, I didn’t find the ability to check the box for “Center Mark Visible” by highlighting a dimension, but I did find that if I went into “Edit Extrusion” for my circular element, that box appears, and I was able to see the center mark while I am editing it. The center mark does disappear after I finish the editing though, but that’s OK. Thank you for your help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report