Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot cut joined elements error

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
salmanjavaid2000
1229 Views, 9 Replies

Cannot cut joined elements error

Hi everyone

I am joining a Column and a wall. And every time, I click on join, the error appears that Cannot cut joined elements. Visually, the walls are not cut by the columns. Why is this problem happening? Is there a solution to this?

salmanjavaid2000_0-1643171962514.pngsalmanjavaid2000_1-1643171981826.png

Tags (2)
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
ToanDN
in reply to: salmanjavaid2000

Try Join Geometry and Switch Join Order.

Message 3 of 10
salmanjavaid2000
in reply to: ToanDN

Still the same issue

Message 4 of 10

you can try this

1. Duplicate the wall element.
  2. Delete the original.
  3. Join the copy of the wall and column.

or

https://forum.dynamobim.com/t/auto-join-walls-and-columns/1938?page=2

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 5 of 10
RDAOU

@salmanjavaid2000 

What kind of warning do you have for that wall...copy wall and column to clipboard and past in a blank .rvt which you can post here for checking

RDAOU_0-1643192337836.png

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 6 of 10

Both of these are not working. It gives the same error again and again. I just splitted up the walls and clear the way for columns

Message 7 of 10
salmanjavaid2000
in reply to: RDAOU

Oh sorry. I just use an alternate way to get rid of this problem. Didn't notice this warning
Message 8 of 10
RDAOU

@salmanjavaid2000 

If your issue has been solved (one way or the other), post the method and/or accept solution

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 9 of 10
ToanDN

@salmanjavaid2000 wrote:

Both of these are not working. It gives the same error again and again. I just splitted up the walls and clear the way for columns

I don't have any issue joining a wall and a structural column.

ToanDN_0-1643224458883.png

Message 10 of 10
salmanjavaid2000
in reply to: ToanDN

I dont know why it was happening. Might be some other issue which was causing it

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report