Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot create a ramp

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
901 Views, 8 Replies

Cannot create a ramp

I am trying to draw a ramp, but it always comes out level, i.e. no slope.

Where should I specify the slope?

Thank you for your help.

Untitled.png

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
RDAOU
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous Lee

After you start the Ramp command

1. Go to the properties palette >> Edit type...

there you find the slope ...

Image2.png 

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: RDAOU

That specifies the maximum slope, not the desired slope.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous

This is what I get:

Untitled.png

Message 5 of 9
RDAOU

@Anonymous

Slope of the ramp is a ratio... It rises a height X every L distance traveled

As per standards and regulation, ramps are not only defined by their slope; but also how long do they ravel (considering that one might be on a wheel chair and might not be able to role him/her wheelchair up a 200' ramp...That is what you set in the type properties of that ramp -

1. the Maximum Length of the incline
  2. the Maximum Slope

If you are doing a pedestrian ramp to ADA standards (That is what your Revit book or better say Eric Wing assumes in their example)...The Max Length cannot exceed 30' 0" and the max slope cannot exceed 1/12

THEREFORE before USER (ex: you) set those values; the user need to

• figure out where the ramp will start and where will it end - ie: On the properties Pallet Set the Base Level and the Top level of the Ramp (ie: total rise/height) - In your case that would be
    • Base Level: Level 1
    • Base Offset: -2' 6"
    • Top Level : Level 1
    • Top Offset: 0

Image2a.png

• Then user decides how long he/she desires this ramp to be...ie The Incline Length - (In your case 30') - ADA standard)
  • And the SLOPE RATIO which is simply Height/Length ... (in your case you will leave it at 1/12)

It's simple trigonometry and right triangle formulas

Image2.png

That book or it's author has a Youtube channel I think or website where he has videos of all his chapters...maybe it would help you better if you search for it...

Well or wait for your best friend from Autodesk

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous

Using those settings, this is what I got:

Untitled.png

Untitled 2.png

Message 7 of 9
RDAOU

@Anonymous

You need to flip it... at the bottom of the ramp there is a smalll tiny icon...click to flip ramp in the other direction!!!

Look this is from the same Author of your book. See at the end how he flips it

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous

Thank you.

Message 9 of 9
RDAOU

You're welcome

Sent from my iPhone

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators