Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't place a room tag...

29 REPLIES 29
SOLVED
Message 1 of 30
Anonymous
62094 Views, 29 Replies

Can't place a room tag...

Hi - I am having a problem placing a room tag in a room. On the Floor plan it has a room tag - but if i go to the floor finish plan - i can't place the tag in the same room. below is the warning it comes up with. I can't figure this out - can anyone help me?

None of the created elements are visible in Floor Plan: LEVEL 4 View. You may want to check the active view, its Parameters, and Visibility settings, as well as any Plan Regions and their settings.

i have checked everything and it is fine. The only way around this that i found was to delete the room tag on the first floor and put the room back in. But in doing this I lose all of my room information i have scheduled - is there anyway around this?
29 REPLIES 29
Message 21 of 30
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello, I'm new to Revit so this might seem too simple, but if I have trouble with room tags, I click on the Architecture tab, Room, & Place rooms automatically. That gets things started.

Message 22 of 30
Anonymous
in reply to: kadmonkee

I had the same problem and found that there are multiple redundant rooms in the same area. use room separator to create a smaller room inside of the room, multiple room tags show up. delete the redundant rooms and all set! 

Message 23 of 30
ToanDN

Just create a Room schedule, click Isolate button on the Ribbon, it Hide good Rooms and Show only Redundant + Not Placed Room.  Select all rows and delete.  

Message 24 of 30
Anonymous
in reply to: kadmonkee

Faced the same problem.

Solution:

I had rooms stacked at each level. The Limit Offset of the room below was above the upper level. As a result, rooms below were showing up on the current level, and when tagging, the room below was getting tagged, and hence the tag couldn't be visible in the current level.

Correcting the room extents fixed the problem.

Message 25 of 30
Anonymous

I had this same issue. Mine turned out to be a plan region that was causing the tag to not show up. I just stretched the plan region and the tag showed up.

Message 26 of 30
Anonymous

I just had this happen.  Some of my existing room tags disappeared, but I could not place a new room tag in the room and I got an error message stating a room already exists in that space.  I went to the Architecture tab, selected Room & Area, down arrow to Area Computations and changed the selection to Areas Only.  All of my missing room reappeared.  I am  using Revit LT 2019.

Tags (1)
Message 27 of 30
Anonymous

SOLUTION:

"The room is likely to be unenclosed.

Try adding a room separation line around obvious open areas in order to reset the room boundaries."

-r.baldwin

Kudos to r.baldwin! This was the solution in my case. (currently running Revit 2019). 

Message 28 of 30
bobik.j

I had simmilar problem. What worked for me was first putting room separation everywhere around the "missing" room. Then the room appeared normal (blue with reference cross, can be tagged etc). Then I step by step deleted each piece of room boundary till I found one fragment that was rescuing my room. It was the fault of the additional insulation on wall at this place, I deleted this insulation wall and made again in exactly the same place and everything works fine right now. Strange anyway...

Message 29 of 30
nsomarathna

None of the created elements are visible in Floor Plan: - Level 00 SE View. You may want to check the active view, its Parameters, and Visibility settings, as well as any Plan Regions and their settings.

Message 30 of 30
nsomarathna
in reply to: nsomarathna

None of the created elements are visible in Floor Plan: - Level 00 SE View. You may want to check the active view, its Parameters, and Visibility settings, as well as any Plan Regions and their settings.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators