Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't place a room tag...

29 REPLIES 29
SOLVED
Message 1 of 30
Anonymous
63355 Views, 29 Replies

Can't place a room tag...

Hi - I am having a problem placing a room tag in a room. On the Floor plan it has a room tag - but if i go to the floor finish plan - i can't place the tag in the same room. below is the warning it comes up with. I can't figure this out - can anyone help me?

None of the created elements are visible in Floor Plan: LEVEL 4 View. You may want to check the active view, its Parameters, and Visibility settings, as well as any Plan Regions and their settings.

i have checked everything and it is fine. The only way around this that i found was to delete the room tag on the first floor and put the room back in. But in doing this I lose all of my room information i have scheduled - is there anyway around this?
29 REPLIES 29
Message 2 of 30
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Based on the error message it looks like you have turned off the room object
in that view. You can't show a tag of something that is invisible in a view.
Check your visibility graphics.

wrote in message news:5572054@discussion.autodesk.com...
Hi - I am having a problem placing a room tag in a room. On the Floor plan
it has a room tag - but if i go to the floor finish plan - i can't place the
tag in the same room. below is the warning it comes up with. I can't figure
this out - can anyone help me?

None of the created elements are visible in Floor Plan: LEVEL 4 View. You
may want to check the active view, its Parameters, and Visibility settings,
as well as any Plan Regions and their settings.

i have checked everything and it is fine. The only way around this that i
found was to delete the room tag on the first floor and put the room back
in. But in doing this I lose all of my room information i have scheduled -
is there anyway around this?
Message 3 of 30
Anonymous

Okay - I looked into the VG and the room objsct is on. There are room tags everywhere else on the plan, just a couple of area i can't place a tag.

Any other ideas?

Thanks for your help.
LD
Message 4 of 30
Anonymous

Then there are no rooms in that space. When you select the room tool all of
the currently placed rooms will highlight. This will etll you if there is a
room in those spaces or not.

wrote in message news:5574124@discussion.autodesk.com...
Okay - I looked into the VG and the room objsct is on. There are room tags
everywhere else on the plan, just a couple of area i can't place a tag.

Any other ideas?

Thanks for your help.
LD
Message 5 of 30
Anonymous

It does appear that there is a room object in the room. When I go to tag it - it comes up with the right name and number of the room - it just won't let me place the tag. It really does not make any sense why it is doing it.

LD
Message 6 of 30
Anonymous

Is the room on a different level? What are the height extents of the room?

wrote in message news:5574224@discussion.autodesk.com...
It does appear that there is a room object in the room. When I go to tag
it - it comes up with the right name and number of the room - it just won't
let me place the tag. It really does not make any sense why it is doing it.

LD
Message 7 of 30
jroon

I'm having this exact problem. Room tags will not show up in detail views. Has anyone found a resolution to this problem?

Thanks
Message 8 of 30
Anonymous

Is it possible that the room tags were hidden temporarily in the view. Did anyone, yourself select the glasses on the View Control bar and hide the Room tags by Category. This would not show up in the VG. The indicator would be a cyan border line around the view. Also select the Glasses, which are darkened and select Reset Temporary Hide/Isolate.

Just another stab in the dark.

Mel Persin, AIA
AEC Technology Consultant
Technology to Visualize and Realize Solutions
Modeling for the Future/Drafting in the Present/Building on the Past
Message 9 of 30
jroon

Unfortunately, that is not it. Thanks for the response. When I drag a room tag over the space I can see it has an assigned name but can't place the tag.

Scale issue with the room tags, maybe?

I'm totally at a loss on this one.
Message 10 of 30
Anonymous

I had no problem placing a room tag in floor plan views and a callout view of the floor plan. In addition, I had no problem placing a room tag in a section through a floor plan and a callout of the section either.

Cannot account for the problem you are having. This is Revit 2009? Not 2008 or earlier.

Mel Persin, AIA
AEC Technology Consultant
Technology to Visualize and Realize Solutions
Modeling for the Future/Drafting in the Present/Building on the Past.
Message 11 of 30
jroon

Thanks Mel. I think something may have become corrupt with my 08 as this function has worked for me in the past, many times. I'm in the middle of a large project so I didn't want to install 09. However, I installed 09 this morning and the room tags behave normally.
Message 12 of 30
Anonymous

One more thing to check if the rooms won't tag. Go the Area settings and make it's set to Areas Only not Areas and Volumes.
Message 13 of 30
rozicki

This just happened to me.

I tried EVERYTHING.

It turns out the "height" of the placed room was too short and the floor plan view "cut plane" of the view was too high.   The rest of the rooms went from floor to ceiling, this particular new room was shorter so it wasn't being "cut" through.

To fix:

Cut a new section through this room/area on the plan.  Turn on "rooms" (and all sub categories) in the section view.  Select the room and adjust its height.  Delete the section.

Message 14 of 30
Anonymous

I had this issue also, and had already checked all the listed solutions, but found another in case it applies to another poor soul:

If you have a plan region around the area, and a wall boundary of the room that's giving you problems has shifted out of the selected plan region boundary, it won't show the room, nor the tags associated with it.

Fixing the boundary of the plan region to include the wall of the room worked for me, showing me the room in that view as well as the massive abundance of room tags I had attempted to place.

Message 15 of 30
Anonymous

I was having the same issue, and in my case it was about the "Limit offset" configuración of the Room tag, the "limit offset" it needs to be set above your "Cut plane" of the Floor plan view.

1. Check the "Cut plane"

2. Set the "Limit offset" above "Cut plane"

Watch the Screencast for better explanation. 

Message 16 of 30
chrisplyler
in reply to: jroon

Based on the error message... You WERE able to place a room tag. It just wasn't visible for whatever reason.

Message 17 of 30
Anonymous

Hi,

I had the same error and found a solution.  For the rooms that were not showing up they were on a different workset. 

When I changed those room boundaries to an interior walls workset instead of the floors workset they tagged.

Hope this helps.

Message 18 of 30
Sahay_R
in reply to: chrisplyler

View Template? Room Tag visibility unchecked?

Rina Sahay
Autodesk Expert Elite
Revit Architecture Certified Professional

If you find my post interesting, feel free to give a Kudo.
If it solves your problem, please click Accept to enhance the Forum.
Message 19 of 30
Anonymous
in reply to: Sahay_R

The room is likely to be unenclosed.

Try adding a room separation line around obvious open areas in order to reset the room boundaries.

Message 20 of 30
kadmonkee

confirm the phasing is the same.

if you placed a room in one phase and duplicated the view and changed the phase the room would not tag in the new phase.

if the room was created and nothing changed from view to view (phase, Phase Filter, view template, scope box crop region etc) the room should tag properly.

if you are doing a callout and the limit of the callout is interfering or the crop region is not visible the tag could be placed outside the crop region or the annotative crop region, try tagging with the leader box checked

If there is any information shared that is of value please give Kudos
If a solution is provided by any posters please mark them as Solved to benefit everyone else.
thank you

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report