Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't get rid of colors on walls HELP!

14 REPLIES 14
SOLVED
Message 1 of 15
gnarkill283
6223 Views, 14 Replies

Can't get rid of colors on walls HELP!

So we've inherited a revit model from a company that we can't communicate with, and after trying to turn off graphic overrides and checking material colors, we are unable to remove colors showing up on our exterior walls. I don't know if this is caused by something similar to color schemes used with the color fill legend which colors rooms based on the name of the room. There must be a certain parameter making this wall grey even with overrides turned off. Appreciate any help. Thanks.

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
semko_dm
in reply to: gnarkill283

Hi!

Did you check filters?

Сan you please post some screen shot for better understanding?

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Kind regards,
Dmitriy Semko.

Screenshot_3.jpg

Dmitriy Semko
BIM-Manager
Blog
Facebook | Telegram | LinkedIn

Message 3 of 15
gnarkill283
in reply to: semko_dm

Here is a screenshot of the model showing no filters. You can see some walls are white like we want them to be. I fixed some by changing the material shadow color to white.

Message 4 of 15
gnarkill283

Or is there anyway to create black and white elevations? I'm new to revit and I'm looking at model display options but seen nothing where I can simply make the view black and white

Message 5 of 15
ToanDN

Make sure the wall material surface patterns are not solid colored hatch. It looks like it is the case for me.
Message 6 of 15
semko_dm

@gnarkill283 wrote:

Or is there anyway to create black and white elevations? I'm new to revit and I'm looking at model display options but seen nothing where I can simply make the view black and white

Pick "hidden line" visual style.

Безымянный.jpg

Dmitriy Semko
BIM-Manager
Blog
Facebook | Telegram | LinkedIn

Message 7 of 15
gnarkill283
in reply to: semko_dm

I've tried hidden line. Some walls are still colored and all glass is colored still. This is really frustrating. I've changed the material of the surfaces to all white properites. I've turned the graphics property to white and turned off pattern. Some still randomly keep a strange color. Whats else can I do?

Message 8 of 15
artejon

Have you removed overrides both in V/G Overrides and graphics overrides by element in that particular view ?

If that is not the case then look at phase graphic overrides together with phase filter and phase parameters of the view in properties palette..

Revit add-ins: CAD Purger (delete UNUSED and selected line patterns & line styles, find and delete CAD), Rooms To Spaces, Schedule Utilities (Calculated Values/Combined Parameters To Tags, reuse view filter rules in schedule filters), View Filter Manager at Revit Apps Store
Message 9 of 15
gnarkill283
in reply to: artejon

I'm returning to this problem because of a possibly similar issue that I'm having with this model - https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-architecture-forum/make-transparent-fill-cover-entire-region-no...

I still haven't figured this out even after trying all the suggestions. I've checked all overrides, I've turn all materials to white, I checked phasing, and I've even copied 2 identical type walls into another new model and the colors still carry over (please refer to the attached images - the blue selected wall is white).

Message 10 of 15
gnarkill283

I've attached the new model (3MB) here if anyone can figure out how to turn the grey wall white I'd appreciate it greatly.

Message 11 of 15
PijPiwo

Your walls are painted. Use 'remove paint' tool.

Message 12 of 15
artejon

Remove a paint from a wall's faces (Modify>Remove Paint).

Revit add-ins: CAD Purger (delete UNUSED and selected line patterns & line styles, find and delete CAD), Rooms To Spaces, Schedule Utilities (Calculated Values/Combined Parameters To Tags, reuse view filter rules in schedule filters), View Filter Manager at Revit Apps Store
Tags (1)
Message 13 of 15
RDAOU

Hi @gnarkill283

it's the same issue causing ur problem on the other post...remove wall paint!

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-architecture-forum/make-transparent-fill-cover-entire-region-no...

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 14 of 15
gnarkill283
in reply to: artejon

Thanks. That finally fixed that problem but I still have some random curtain wall windows that show up blue. How can I remove the color?

Message 15 of 15
JasonLLINDNER

@gnarkill283

Maybe you could copy and paste a portion of your curtain wall in a new project and attach it... Makes it easier to identify the issue and solve it instead of guessing

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report