Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to change wall color in plan view

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
45455 Views, 5 Replies

how to change wall color in plan view

Can someone please tell me how to change the wall color in plan view? It currently displays gray and I would like it to be black.

thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
ToanDN
in reply to: Anonymous

Are they under a previous Phase? Can you share a screenshot of the View and its properties palette?
Message 3 of 6
rudi.roux

Hi @Anonymous

As @ToanDN mentioned, select your wall and scroll down to your "Phasing" in your Properties Pallet, make sure that it is set to "New Construction".

Apart from that, you can go to your Visibility/Graphics Overrides and apply a cut pattern to your walls as shown below. 

1-WALL-1.png

I hope this helps! Smiley Happy

Rudi Roux
MSc | Digital Engineering Manager
LinkedIn
Revit Mechanical & Electrical Systems 2018 Certified Professional | Revit MEP & Architecture 2015 Certified Professional
AutoCAD 2015 Certified Professional | Autodesk Building Performance Analysis (BPA) Certificate

If this post resolved your issue, kindly Accept as the Solution below. Kudos are always welcome

Message 4 of 6
FGPerraudin

hi @Anonymous,

Might be just in the properties of your wall.

If your view is in coarse detail , change the coarse scale display property in the family type properties:

see attached picture.

François

wall.PNG

Francois-Gabriel Perraudin
BIM management and coaching

Message 5 of 6
RDAOU

@Anonymous Hi

in not sure it's a phasing issue...that you will need to confirm so someone can guid u with phase filters

otherwise; considering the various types of walls on a layout (some filled and some not) when I want to use solid filled walls I would either

1. use Course Scale Fill Pattern/Color (you can find that under type properties... select walls > edit type > Graphics )
  2. OR I would set up a Filter (by parameter)
  3. last choice and if it is global to the view I would override the visibility graphics of all walls (I rarely use this one)

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: RDAOU

Thanks everyone for your help with this!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report