Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Change Glass Color

13 REPLIES 13
SOLVED
Message 1 of 14
PhilvK
406 Views, 13 Replies

Can't Change Glass Color

I have a storefront door and storefront windows in a wall. The glass in both is set to System Panel:Glazed which bath have 'Glass' set as the material.  Changing the color of the glass in the Material Browser has no effect on how the glass is displaying in shade mode. I checked this issue in a separate file and have no problems. Any idea what would be causing this?

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
barthbradley
in reply to: PhilvK

I can think of several reasons. We can narrow it down to the one and only if you post the file.  

Message 3 of 14
ennujozlagam

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-architecture-forum/material-color-changing-glass/td-p/9782900

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 4 of 14
PhilvK
in reply to: ennujozlagam

Thank you for the link. I need to study it more to figure what I am doing wrong.

Message 5 of 14
PhilvK
in reply to: barthbradley

I wish I could upload it but can't. I copied a portion of storefront into a new file, started playing with the glass settings and it works fine. I'll need to drill down into main project to figure out what's going on.

Message 6 of 14
PhilvK

OK, here's one U can post. Glass colors are different in elevation than in 3D. How can I lighten up the glass in elevation and have some transparency?

Message 7 of 14
barthbradley

Is the Opening Cut in the Family Transparent in both 3D and in Elevation (via Option Bar setting)?

Transparent.jpg

Message 8 of 14
PhilvK

It wasn't but is now. Doesn't appear to have an effect when I load it into the project.

Message 9 of 14
barthbradley

Glass Subcat.png

Message 10 of 14
barthbradley
Message 11 of 14
barthbradley

Another workaround would be to make the Glass a separate and Nested SHARED Family in the Door Family. That way you could TAB-Select the Glass in the Project View and make it Transparent via Override Graphics in View By Element.   

Message 12 of 14
PhilvK

I changed the door panel glass to the correct sub-category. Are you saying by turning off the glass in VG that that's the only way to control the glass in elevation in shade mode? I still get only the blue shown below in elevation. Works fine in 3D and Realistic mode.

I'll try your shared family suggestion. 

PhilvK_0-1724609942082.png

Message 13 of 14
barthbradley

@PhilvK wrote:

Are you saying by turning off the glass in VG that that's the only way to control the glass in elevation in shade mode?

Yes. I know it sounds stupid, but it's a valid, documented workflow since forever.  I think it's even mentioned in that AKN article I posted a link to above.  Maybe not, but whatever, your other option is the one I mentioned above or orient a 3D View to the Elevation View.  

Message 14 of 14
PhilvK

Thank you!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report