Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material Color Changing(Glass)

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
Mohamed_Arshad
4658 Views, 11 Replies

Material Color Changing(Glass)

Hii Guys!!!

I need to create blue color windows like below image.

arshad99_0-1601799472020.png

I change material properties but it is not appearing in my file kindly see blow image, color not coming.

arshad99_1-1601799628975.png

Thanks & Regards,
Mohamed Arshad K
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

It is difficult to see why the image is small and without much information.

The transparency is at zero, it should appear as a green solid (if it is a visual style in consistent colors);

If you have a realistic visual style, to change the color you must go to Appearance, and choose which option is best for you:
1) Changes Color to green, or
2) mark Tint - and change the Tint Color, as image bellow.

Color Glass.png

And make sure that the glass material you created is the material that is applied to families.

If it won work, you can send the file for a better analysis. 

If the answer solves your problem, click Accept as Solution this helps other users to quickly find an answer and let a like if you liked it.

Você achou esta postagem útil? Sinta-se à vontade para curtir esta postagem.
Ficou satisfeito com a resposta à sua pergunta? Nesse caso, clique no botão ACEITAR SOLUÇÃO.

Mauricio Santos Filho Arquiteto | BIM Manager
EESignature 

Message 3 of 12

FWIW: I wouldn't set a solid-colored Graphic Surface Pattern to the Glazing's Material because that solid color will show in all Elevation Hidden Views and Wireframe Views by default.  If you want some Elevations Views to have that "colorful" effect, then apply the solid-colored Surface Pattern as a View Override through VGOs by Element, Category or Filter.  

Alternatively, you could check "Use Render Appearance" for Graphic Display.  

Message 4 of 12

I tried this but color not appearing in my project, What to do next...

Thanks & Regards,
Mohamed Arshad K
Message 5 of 12

Post the file, it will be better to analyze what is wrong.

Ficou satisfeito com a resposta à sua pergunta? Nesse caso, clique no botão ACEITAR SOLUÇÃO.

EESignature 

Message 6 of 12

Check if there is a different material override for the glass (sub)category in object styles under Visibility Graphics. You could also use this for view specific overrides.

Message 7 of 12

You need to check the box next to "Use Render Appearance" on the Graphics Tab.   

Message 8 of 12

Hii
I have attached the family file below kindly find the attachment. 

Thanks & Regards,
Mohamed Arshad K
Message 9 of 12

You need to associate a material parameter and/or a subcategory to control the material of the glass geometry in the project. If you need transparency in elevation, check elevation transparency for the opening cut.

associate material parameterassociate material parameter

elevation transparencyelevation transparency

Message 10 of 12

I suggest this 11 step workflow:

Mat11-1.jpg

Mat11-2.jpg

Mat11-3.jpg

Message 11 of 12

change the picture or texture from your point of view and check it with detail level and visual style

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If the above reply answers your question; Please mark it with ACCEPT SOLUTION
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mohamed Nassar , ACP, Autodesk Ambassador Gold
BIM Support / Structure Modeler
Message 12 of 12

As I said, there was no parameter to check the materials, there was no subcategory attached, I put a parameter to control the type of material, the glass and the frame, and I changed the configuration of the glass material as I and @barthbradley said before.

If the answer solves your problem, click Accept as Solution this helps other users to quickly find an answer and let a like if you liked it.

EESignature 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators