Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatically assign instance parameter data

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
489 Views, 4 Replies

Automatically assign instance parameter data

Hello!

Cant quite find what I'm looking for and it may be something that is impossible or completely over complicated. 

When you put a family in a room it is automatically assigned to that room and knows it is there. Can other data function in this way? Ie could I add an instance parameter that assigns a code to the family when it is placed in the room, so say each room had a code made of both letters and numbers so any family in that room is automatically assigned that code? I could probably try use room numbers for the specific function I want but I am moreso curious if this is possible as it could lead to further possibilities.

Thanks for any help in advance!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
RDAOU
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous 

Not really...user created parameter require at one point or another an input from the user...they cannot automatically detect other conditions and self populate in a manner similar to that of room aware function.

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 3 of 5
loboarch

You could use a Key Schedule to apply a number of parameters all at one time to an element. It is not exactly "automatic" but you only have to set the key value once then it assigns however many parameters you are controlling with the Key Schedule.

Create a Key Schedule

Jeff Hanson
Principal Content Experience Designer
Revit Help |
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

what can i say

Message 5 of 5
Edwin.Rense

It might be easier.

If the families support the 'room calculation point' you can activate it an use the space name/number parameter in the schedule.

room calculation point.jpg

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Kind regards,

Edwin Rense
Cadac Group AEC BV
Supporting Consultant AEC
Cadac Group .

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators