Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any way to create this type of wall in Revit?

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
moraruandrei29
576 Views, 11 Replies

Is there any way to create this type of wall in Revit?

A wall type that curves when meets the window or the door, but continues above the door or below and above the window?

Thank you!

Wall type.PNG

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

What's wrong with the way you have it? 

CurvedNosing.png

Message 3 of 12

Mine is not made in Revit. Can you elaborate how did you do it? Thank you!

Message 4 of 12

I'm seeing it as rounded corner finish layers.  So the Wall Type is the Thickness of the Finish Layer.  Perhaps an easiest way to do it is to sketch the wall perimeter/shape with Detail or Model Lines in Plan View and then place the Finish Layer Wall Type using Pick Lines Method and selecting the sketch line work.  

CurvedWallPickLines.png

Message 5 of 12
GaryOrrMBI
in reply to: moraruandrei29

As a single Wall/Wall Type the short answer would be - No.

If you think in the other direction it can be done with careful manipulation of the openings themselves (using void extrusions for the cut).

GaryOrrMBI_0-1628089803516.png

I don't know the end goal so either something like this or wall parts and pieces per @barthbradley 's post.

But again, the short answer to your question is No, it is not possible to create a wall type that will automatically round the corners.

-G

Gary J. Orr
GaryOrrMBI (MBI Companies 2014-Current)
aka (past user names):
Gary_J_Orr (GOMO Stuff 2008-2014);
OrrG (Forum Studio 2005-2008);
Gary J. Orr (LHB Inc 2002-2005);
Orr, Gary J. (Gossen Livingston 1997-2002)
Message 6 of 12
barthbradley
in reply to: GaryOrrMBI

@GaryOrrMBI wrote:

But again, the short answer to your question is No, it is not possible to create a wall type that will automatically round the corners.

-G

What do you mean?  Are you saying that "it is not possible to create a wall type that will automatically round the corners" the way did it?   Boy, my Revit must be f*cked up then since I can do it all day long and twice on Sundays. 😉 

Message 7 of 12

Can you maybe show me a small video of how did you accomplish your results? I need to round the corners from a wall which is made from 2 walls, so double wall. Have you done it by just adding another wall perpendicular and rounded the corners?

Message 8 of 12

Can you maybe show me a short video of how to achieve these results using a single wall as finish layer, therefore having 2 walls in the end, with round corners for windows? Thanks a lot guys!

Message 9 of 12
ToanDN

Why don't you build a curved void into the window family? Or add reveals
with curved profile and stretch them to the height you want.
Message 10 of 12
RDAOU

@moraruandrei29 

Looking at the walls in the image you posted it seems you are aiming at 3D concrete printing and if that is the case, the easiest (kinda tedious) way to model them is the way @barthbradley showed you ... these would be easiest and most suitable to convert to STEP .

ie: you would be using 1 wall type, say 2" thick single layer (considering that you will later need the centerline) and you would be having separate element for the Interior face, Exterior, Jambs, chamfers/rounded corners....etc .

If you can do dynamo...it might ease your life a bit

3dconc.gif

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 11 of 12
moraruandrei29
in reply to: RDAOU

Perfect, thank you very much!
Message 12 of 12
RDAOU

@moraruandrei29 

While at it...you might need to consider the input your Concrete 3D printer require...to optimize printing time and load on the printer, you might need to model your walls as shown in the image below.

1. From wall base up to window sill
  2. From Sill to Header
  3. From Header up to level above
  4. Repeat from second floor

RDAOU_0-1628249967325.png

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report