Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Associated Revit files not showing Revit icon

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
waldie.jonathan
345 Views, 8 Replies

Associated Revit files not showing Revit icon

After uninstalling several older versions of Revit on my system (RVT 2022 & RVT LT 2022), now revit files no longer show the Revit icon. They just show as a generic icon.

Naturally, I reassociated the default program to the current version of Revit I have installed on my system (Revit LT 2023), yet even after doing this and restarting my Revit files still show a generic icon...

Any ideas?..

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Are you talking about the Shortcut Icons?  Post a screenshot of the Shortcut tab in the Properties of the Shortcut.  

Message 3 of 9

Hi @barthbradley ,

It's just Revit files rather than the Revit shortcut. So project, family, template files etc.

See the attached screenshot for reference. Thanks

Message 4 of 9

Oh, I see.  Yah, that was an issue recently posted about.  I think the issue was addressed in an AKN article that's on-line now.  I forgot the keywords to quickly access it though.  Maybe someone can find it for you.    

Message 5 of 9
ToanDN
in reply to: waldie.jonathan

Try a repair installation of Revit LT 2023.

Message 6 of 9
waldie.jonathan
in reply to: ToanDN

I tried this but there is no option to repair in the Autodesk uninstall dialogue box... See the attached screenshot.

Message 7 of 9

I tried the steps noted in this article (but with the rvt file extension), but none of the steps/options worked 😞
https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/generi...
Message 8 of 9
ToanDN
in reply to: waldie.jonathan

@waldie.jonathan wrote:

I tried this but there is no option to repair in the Autodesk uninstall dialogue box... See the attached screenshot.

I see.  Looks like Autodesk follows Apple and eliminates Repair option.  Perhaps uninstall and reinstall the program.

Message 9 of 9

Managed to get it to work by following the steps in the link below. Did it for all Revit file extensions:

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/generi...

Thanks for your help everyone

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators