Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Associated Revit files not showing Revit icon

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
waldie.jonathan
321 Views, 8 Replies

Associated Revit files not showing Revit icon

After uninstalling several older versions of Revit on my system (RVT 2022 & RVT LT 2022), now revit files no longer show the Revit icon. They just show as a generic icon.

Naturally, I reassociated the default program to the current version of Revit I have installed on my system (Revit LT 2023), yet even after doing this and restarting my Revit files still show a generic icon...

Any ideas?..

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Are you talking about the Shortcut Icons?  Post a screenshot of the Shortcut tab in the Properties of the Shortcut.  

Message 3 of 9

Hi @barthbradley ,

It's just Revit files rather than the Revit shortcut. So project, family, template files etc.

See the attached screenshot for reference. Thanks

Message 4 of 9

Oh, I see.  Yah, that was an issue recently posted about.  I think the issue was addressed in an AKN article that's on-line now.  I forgot the keywords to quickly access it though.  Maybe someone can find it for you.    

Message 5 of 9
ToanDN
in reply to: waldie.jonathan

Try a repair installation of Revit LT 2023.

Toan Nguyen
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 9
waldie.jonathan
in reply to: ToanDN

I tried this but there is no option to repair in the Autodesk uninstall dialogue box... See the attached screenshot.

Message 7 of 9

I tried the steps noted in this article (but with the rvt file extension), but none of the steps/options worked 😞
https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/generi...
Message 8 of 9
ToanDN
in reply to: waldie.jonathan

@waldie.jonathan wrote:

I tried this but there is no option to repair in the Autodesk uninstall dialogue box... See the attached screenshot.

I see.  Looks like Autodesk follows Apple and eliminates Repair option.  Perhaps uninstall and reinstall the program.

Toan Nguyen
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 9 of 9

Managed to get it to work by following the steps in the link below. Did it for all Revit file extensions:

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/generi...

Thanks for your help everyone

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators