Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
iptal
Sunun için bulunan sonuçlar gösteriliyor: 
Göster  sadece  | Bunun yerine şunu ara: 
Şunu mu demek istediniz? 

Adobe Typekit font not working in Revit

6 YANIT 6
ÇÖZÜLDÜ
Yanıtla
Mesaj 1 / 7
drubinoff
3310 Görüntüleme, 6 Yanıt

Adobe Typekit font not working in Revit

Hi,

We are designing a Chinese restaurant. The client wants to use the typeface Adobe Song for some Chinese characters in the signage we have made using model text.

I downloaded Adobe Song using Adobe Typekit. The font works fine in Adobe applications like Photoshop.

Even after I restarted my computer, I cannot find Adobe Song in my list of fonts in Revit.

Why not?

Thanks,
Derek

Etiketler (3)
6 YANIT 6
Mesaj 2 / 7
ToanDN
cevap verdi: drubinoff

Is is a PostScript font? Revit cannot read all PS fonts, only TTF based PS. Adobe apps can read all PS fonts.

Mesaj 3 / 7
drubinoff
cevap verdi: ToanDN

Thanks for your response. I really don't know. With our Adobe Creative Cloud subscription, we have access to the Adobe Typekit fonts. These sync with our desktops upon request. They are not stored in C:/Windows/Fonts. I don't know where Typekit puts the fonts on our C: drives.

Mesaj 4 / 7
ToanDN

You can go to their website and ask for support since you are a paid customer.  

https://typekit.com/

Mesaj 5 / 7
Viveka_CD

Hi @drubinoff

It's been a while and I am checking back to see if you were able to resolve this font issue.

• Revit reads the fonts from the Windows font directory - these font are either .ttf or otf. (TFF - true type font and OTF - open type font)
  • See HERE for information on Common fonts to all versions of Windows & Mac equivalents
  • Since TFF is recommended in Revit - You can try to use a regular TFF -like the Simsun font - more information HERE
  • You can try looking for a post script to tff converter.

If you find posts have solved your problem, please click on 'Accept as solution' to help others with similar questions. Kudos welcome!

Regards,

Mesaj 6 / 7
benjamin.fields

I am having the same problem and it seems that typekit downloads to a different file than the source font file in Windows. This precludes Revit from finding and using the font. The only solution I have found so far is to create the signage in Illustrator or Photoshop, save as a transparent PNG file and import into Revit. It is a far cry from a good solution, but it works.

Mesaj 7 / 7
charles.wermers
cevap verdi: ToanDN

no, Adobe does not support third party application.

Aradığınızı bulamadınız mı? Topluluğa sorun veya bilgilerinizi paylaşın.

Soru Sor  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report