Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A little problem using demolition tool----who can help me? thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
346 Views, 4 Replies

A little problem using demolition tool----who can help me? thanks!

hi I am quite new to revit so my question might be stupid....

when I use demolishing tool, when I demolish a door or window, there are black lines on the opening, instead of red lines I want. How can I set the revit so these lines are red when I demolish door or windows?  thank you very much in advance!

PS:  please see the attached image then you can see what I mean. 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
ToanDN
in reply to: 615148142

The thick black lines indicate the new wall infills because the doors are demolished.  They are correct.

Toan Nguyen
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 5

Thank you very much for your reply!  I now understand it is wall infill....but how can I turn it into red?  is there anyway we can do this? except using linework tool? I prefer to do it in settings so that I dn't have to change it manually every time?

Message 4 of 5
RDAOU

@615148142 

If you intend to show only the demolished and existing (ie: Demo Layouts) then simply change the Phase Filter and opening Infills will be gone (See image below)

Note: the red overhead lines are symbolic projection lines from the family (not the infill)

RDAOU_1-1637150541564.png

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 5 of 5

oh yea!   this is doing the trick. Thank you so much!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators