Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A little problem using demolition tool----who can help me? thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
423 Views, 4 Replies

A little problem using demolition tool----who can help me? thanks!

hi I am quite new to revit so my question might be stupid....

when I use demolishing tool, when I demolish a door or window, there are black lines on the opening, instead of red lines I want. How can I set the revit so these lines are red when I demolish door or windows?  thank you very much in advance!

PS:  please see the attached image then you can see what I mean. 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
ToanDN
in reply to: 615148142

The thick black lines indicate the new wall infills because the doors are demolished.  They are correct.

Message 3 of 5

Thank you very much for your reply!  I now understand it is wall infill....but how can I turn it into red?  is there anyway we can do this? except using linework tool? I prefer to do it in settings so that I dn't have to change it manually every time?

Message 4 of 5
RDAOU

@615148142 

If you intend to show only the demolished and existing (ie: Demo Layouts) then simply change the Phase Filter and opening Infills will be gone (See image below)

Note: the red overhead lines are symbolic projection lines from the family (not the infill)

RDAOU_1-1637150541564.png

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 5 of 5

oh yea!   this is doing the trick. Thank you so much!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report