Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2019.1 Recent Files list not updating correctly

116 REPLIES 116
SOLVED
Message 1 of 117
isaac_hedberg
9050 Views, 116 Replies

2019.1 Recent Files list not updating correctly

We have multiple computers running Revit 2019.1, where the recent files list (both home screen and file menu) are not updating the projects after applying the patch.  It worked great on 2019 prior to the .1 patch.  We don't use worksets on our projects, so this is not a central file vs. local file issue. 

Any ideas for fixes are appreciated!

Ike

Title edited for clarity by @Viveka_CD

116 REPLIES 116
Message 81 of 117
SJT-72
in reply to: isaac_hedberg

Any news on this issue from Autodesk? Can they confirm they are intending to issue a fix for this issue? Not entirely sure why it was changed as it used to work perfectly prior to updates.

Message 82 of 117
philip_simon
in reply to: Viveka_CD

I have the same issue.  The .ini file is updating fine, but my recent files list is empty.  The splash menu is inconsistent - sometimes it shows recent files, sometimes sample files.  Screenshot attached.Recent Files Screencap.png

Message 83 of 117
Viveka_CD
in reply to: philip_simon

Message 84 of 117
Viveka_CD

Hi @philip_simon

If the workarounds do not solve your issue please send us a diagnostic data set for further investigation.

Please post a journal and a screencast of what you are experiencing and see the below article on how to extract a data-set for further diagnosis.
Revit - Collecting and sending diagnostic data to Autodesk Technical Support

Regards,

Message 85 of 117
SJT-72

Many thanks for the response.

The suggested workaround of editing the .ini file appears to work, however this is not a realistic solution to the problem and only appears to work until the list is full again  (at which point I assume we would have to edit the .ini file again).

We currently run 8 Revit workstations in the office, and as such this is not a practical solution as the problem is common across all of the workstations. I appreciate that the suggestion is simply a workaround, but can you please confirm when a permanent solution to this issue is likely to be rolled out?

As office policy we do not allow users to manually edit files such as .ini files (not sure of many practices / IT departments that would allow this).

Regards

Message 86 of 117
Viveka_CD
in reply to: SJT-72

Hi @SJT-72

You are very welcome!

Glad to hear that the response worked for you. Please keep an eye on the article I've mentioned in the previous post for further updates.

Regards,

Message 87 of 117
philip_simon

I'm not suggesting that the .ini should be edited, nor is it a workaround.
The point is that the .ini file should drive the recent files menu, and that's not working. That suggests to me that it's not a user setting, but software coding in this version that's the issue.

Thanks

Phil Simon
Message 88 of 117
philip_simon

Sorry, read the other reply first. I'll try this workaround. I'm working in 2017 at the moment, but will let you know if it works.

Thanks!

Phil Simon
Message 89 of 117
Viveka_CD

Message 90 of 117
Anonymous

Hi, any news on this issue?

Has it been solved in 2019.2?

Message 91 of 117
Mark_Engwirda
in reply to: Anonymous

I just did some quick testing and on first impressions look like it has!
Message 92 of 117
Anonymous
in reply to: Mark_Engwirda

Thank you, I'll do the update and testing.

Message 93 of 117
RobDraw

I had issues updating stemming from the recent files list. It may or may not have had anything to do with the original installation. There are two locations that have recent files lists that needed to be deleted. See this thread for more details:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-architecture-forum/2019-2-file-tab-very-slow-to-respond/m-p/856...

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 94 of 117
RobDraw

@SJT-72 wrote:

only appears to work until the list is full again  (at which point I assume we would have to edit the .ini file again).

Yes, true. I just reached that point. Just a bit annoying. Hopefully, an update will fix it.

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 95 of 117

The ini fix works for a while and as already high lighted it later fails, I was hoping the January  2019.2 update might fix this but it doesn't appear to have addressed this issue.

Message 96 of 117
Anonymous
in reply to: greg_benson-shettle

The problem hasn't been fixed in 2019.2.  

Message 97 of 117
SJT-72

Do we know if this issue has been fixed in update 2019.2.1?

Message 98 of 117
philip_simon

Apparently.  The problem has stopped occurring, but I'm not sure why.

Message 99 of 117
philip_simon

Sorry for the long delay.  The problem went away at some point - perhaps 2.1 solved it, maybe it's some sort of a stack structure issue which just took several iterations to work out, but it's working fine now, with no action on my part.  Thanks for your help!  Problem solved.

Message 100 of 117
Viveka_CD

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators